By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

So an official announcement must be happening soon. I don't think retailers pre-empting with a $50 cut means Sony will cut by $100. But it's possible that Sony has dropped the wholesale price by more than $50 to give retailers some extra margin to play with even after the $50 cut is made official. I don't think Sony wants, or needs, to force console prices down below $300 just yet. Save that $299 tipping point for 2016.

I say MS will respond with a cut to $299 for 500GB skus and $349 for 1TB skus. They might wait until after Halo 5 ships so that they get to maximise the revenue from the Halo 5 LE console. But early / mid November MS will do a reactive $50 price cut. Xb one cannot compete with PS4 at the same price, even with Halo.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
So an official announcement must be happening soon. I don't think retailers pre-empting with a $50 cut means Sony will cut by $100. But it's possible that Sony has dropped the wholesale price by more than $50 to give retailers some extra margin to play with even after the $50 cut is made official. I don't think Sony wants, or needs, to force console prices down below $300 just yet. Save that $299 tipping point for 2016.

I say MS will respond with a cut to $299 for 500GB skus and $349 for 1TB skus. They might wait until after Halo 5 ships so that they get to maximise the revenue from the Halo 5 LE console. But early / mid November MS will do a reactive $50 price cut. Xb one cannot compete with PS4 at the same price, even with Halo.

This is why I'm interested in what Sony announce. How do we know that Sony haven't dropped it by $100 and told retailers they can do what they wish until the actual announcement. Perhaps retailers are making a nice profit at the moment while the consumer is getting a decent price cut. It's quite a good way of hiding the extent of the cut rom MS too. They may respond by dropping the price of their bundles by $50 only to hear Sony on the day of Halo's release, announce an official $100 price drop. Can you imagine what that day would be like if that's what they're doing? The media would go crazy, forums would go crazy and MS would just have to either eat it up or look desperate by dropping the price yet another $50 straight after the first drop. I really think this could be the plan.

Post not related:

#10 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#28 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#55 XB1 Halo Bundle
#78 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#81 XB1 Madden Bundle
#94 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#98 PS4 Fool's Edition

So far it's looked very similar to September.

The PS5 Exists. 

binary solo said:

Agreed. We all remember how the Xbox One was selling when it was still the same price as PS4. 

BraLoD said:
Destiny bundle getting results from the price cut, at #4.

Halo surpassed ND Collection.

Whenever a game is that high, I always look at what's ahead of it to get perspective. The PSN cards are nearly always at the top so we can never really tell how well a bundle is dong to take that 4th/5th/6th spot. It could be selling very well or it could be flying off the shelves (so to speak).

The PS5 Exists. 

Ah oh,Destiny bundle is at number 4.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:
Destiny bundle getting results from the price cut, at #4.

Halo surpassed ND Collection.

Whenever a game is that high, I always look at what's ahead of it to get perspective. The PSN cards are nearly always at the top so we can never really tell how well a bundle is dong to take that 4th/5th/6th spot. It could be selling very well or it could be flying off the shelves (so to speak).

It's still not ahead of the major cards, that $60 is not as consistent and those top 3 cards that are always there.
Being #4 is a good position, but cracking the top 3 is what means, at least to me, that it's doing really well, as beating those cards is not an easy task.

It's doing great because it is a month old and just rose from numer 10 to number 4.That is impressive for a bundle with a year old game despite the $50 dollars off.It makes the chance sof the PS4 winning October much higher.

Is the Destiny Bundles out of stock? I see the price at $410 and $419.

BraLoD said:

It's still not ahead of the major cards, that $60 is not as consistent and those top 3 cards that are always there.
Being #4 is a good position, but cracking the top 3 is what means, at least to me, that it's doing really well, as beating those cards is not an easy task.

Yeah, beating those cards basically means it's getting incredible sales, whilst being just below them means it's selling great. That's how I see it anyway.

#04 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#28 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#53 XB1 Halo Bundle
#72 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#75 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#81 XB1 Madden Bundle
#90 PS4 Fool's Edition
#98 XB1 Gears Bundle

Even if it was only the TLOUR bundle you'd still have to give the month to the PS4 so far. If this continues I can't see MS winning the month. Yes, Halo is likely to sell a lot of bundles but not only does it have to sell more than what the PS4 has already sold throughout the month, but it's also now got to sell much more than the Destiny bundle because I doubt that's going to drop out of the top 20 by the end of the month.

edit: The only fly in the ointment is it says there are only 14 left in stock for the Destiny bundle and it's now over $400. Sony need to restock quickly or they'll throw huge sales away.

The PS5 Exists. 

Does Sony have marketing rights for Rock Band?
If I was microsoft I´d go all in on marketing that game since players can keep their songs on the new game.
Even without a marketing push it´s already doing better on xbox than on ps4 and that´s rare on multiplatforms nowadays.

BraLoD said:

If we are too see the official price cut really soon, so all bundles get $50 slashed from them, Amazon would need to be finally proven wrong because there is no way the PS4 won't win the month there.
Halo will move the most software, though, by far.

Halo (the game) is going to sell a hell of a lot, that's for certain, but will it be attached to as many consoles as people think? This is getting interesting.

The PS5 Exists.