By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

For those speculating about Halo 5 Bundle preorders, I would just like to point out that on Amazon it didn't chart in September, June, or July (not sure when preorders opened but it had to be after E3). It did chart at 24 in August though. So I would say there will be an impact but I don't know how much of one. I still am leaning heavily to the PS4 side of things. I will say that regardless of who inches out the win this is definitely not a good sign for MS. They have freaking HALO this year. This should be a walk in the park with Uncharted 4 AND Zelda delayed. They are the only one of the big three with a tried and true juggernaut on the field. That the launch month of Halo is coming down to the wire is a pretty troubling omen.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
For those speculating about Halo 5 Bundle preorders, I would just like to point out that on Amazon it didn't chart in September, June, or July (not sure when preorders opened but it had to be after E3). It did chart at 24 in August though. So I would say there will be an impact but I don't know how much of one. I still am leaning heavily to the PS4 side of things. I will say that regardless of who inches out the win this is definitely not a good sign for MS. They have freaking HALO this year. This should be a walk in the park with Uncharted 4 AND Zelda delayed. They are the only one of the big three with a tried and true juggernaut on the field. That the launch month of Halo is coming down to the wire is a pretty troubling omen.

Halo 5 bundle pre orders started on August 11. Made #24 on the Amazon monthly for that month. Didn't chart September though. 

Pionner said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Pionner said:
Wow did you miss my post from before? It seems you did. Your thinking would only apply if TLoU (and Destiny) bundle situation happened at every store. But it isn't. Basing the month off of a simple stock issue at one retailer and one console doesn't make a good prediction. Yes this is a Amazon thread but you're generalising something that's not true anywhere else. Why so focused on that one console? Then you bring up the spacing in the monthly as if that means anything in regards to that bundle. A bundle where sales will be picked up elsewhere.

No disrespect to you at all. You're cool people. I just don't like when Amazon is used the wrong way to predict NPD and then everyone gets disappointed when NPD result don't turn out the way they expected then blame Amazon and claim it's useless and shouldn't be used.

I can agree that other retailers have stock and so Amazon could be wrong this month. It has been wrong one other time and so it's not unprecedented. We can't ignore the excellent Amazon record though and we can't ignore the possibility of the Halo Preorders just tipping the ballance. I'm not saying that the Halo bundle will eventually lead in the monthlies, I'm saying that the gap could be small enough (now that the bundle which lead is out of stock) that the preorders will have a more significant role to play this month. Perhaps I shouldn't have expressed my opinion so emphatically because I'm still not 100% certain the XB1 will win, but I'm now FAR more inclined to believe Halo will win and I DO think if they do it will because of the stock shortages of the 'winning' PS4 bundle.

To sum up: I think Amazon will show a PS4 win for this month, but whether it keeps its close to 100% record entirely depends on whether the Halo preorders are lower than expected and other retailers have more than made up for the loss of the winning bundle on Amazon. I said to another poster much earlier in this thread that his assessment of the Halo bundle was entirely based on 'what if' and that my assessment was entirely based on 'what is' but now it's come full circle and it's the PS4 that stands solidly on the 'what if' side.

Yeah Amazon has a excellent track record and i want that that to continue too. But we can't ignore other possibilities when Amazon might not be correct. By acknowledging them that's actually how the record stays since there would be a clear reason why Amazon didn't match NPD if it happens.

I agree it's still possible for XB1 to win this month. But it's not because TLoU bundle is out of stock at Amazon.

There are no other possibilities as people like to say and it is more than amazon that shows the PS4 selling better as I have posted.I don't know why it is so hard to believe that the PS4 will sell better this month when it has dominated this entire generation and one game will not change that.

Nuvendil said:

The pre orders are obviously not much since it did not sell out like the Batman bundle did and the Halo bundle is limited.No one game has ever sold a console so none of this is surprising to me and the 360 sold for other reasons than Halo.

BraLoD said:
Well, seems like MS will stop giving shipment numbers as I read in another thread.
After this holidays, as much as it was already very pointing to that, even in US it'll be a halt to the PS4/XBO battle, seems like PS4 is finally settled as the main system of this gen, even for the competition that can't be denied anymore.
Will Amazon threads also get barren? I wonder.

I don't see why Amazon threads will become barren, in fact I can see why they'll become even more popular.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

If it get one-sided it loses motivatiin to keep high interest on it.

Go compare this thread reply numbers with 1st half of the year threads.

Sure it'll get movement because if the game, but with no hardware battle, which purpose Amazon serves the better, it'll surely get negatively affected.

The only reason the Amazon thread is successful is because it shows who's likely to win NPD. It never shows by how many. In that respect, nothing will change and when Sony announce they've won NPD (or don't announce their NPD win), the Amazon thread will still deliver what it's always delivered. I have to say though, with leakers on Gaf not being quite as active, this site no longer updating figures and now MS refusing to show hardware shipments, it's all aligned quite conveniently for MS.

The PS5 Exists. 

4 hours since last update:

#12 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 1)*
#18 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 1)*
#27 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 1)
#44 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 2)
#58 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 5)*
#69 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 3)
#82 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 5)*
#91 PS4 Destiny Bundle (up 2)*
#99 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (down 16)*
#100 XB1 Madden Bundle (re-entry)*

*Affects this month

PS4 - 6 bundles, 6 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 4 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

Halo in the chart:
#1 Halo 5:Guardians
#16 Halo 5:Guardians limited edition
#18 XB1 Halo 5:Guardians limited edition bundle
#32 Halo 5:Guardians Master Chief controller
#42 Halo 5:Guardians Download Code
#56 Halo 5:Guardians Locke controller

Do you see two Forza bundles at the charts as well? What is the difference between them?

3 hours since last update:

#12 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)*
#19 XB1 Halo Bundle (same)*
#27 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (same)
#44 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (same)
#69 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 11)*
#71 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 7)
#77 PS4 Destiny Bundle (up 14)*
#88 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 6)*

*Affects this month

PS4 - 6 bundles, 5 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 3 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists.