By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

BraLoD said:
ratchet426 said:

How can Fallout 4 be "critically-acclaimed" if it hasn't released yet, and afaik hasn't actually had any critical reviews yet?

As some people already said, as soon as Fallout 4 was announced, it doesn't matter how it actually is as a game, several people already decided it's great or even the best game this year (even critics).
Well, that happens when you have a franchise that you like so you expect things from it before you even know about it, like I'm right now with God of War 4, for example, and I don't even know what it'll be about (or if it will even be GoW 4).

But yeah, it's not critially-acclaimed yet, may be in reference to Fallout 3 or the series per se, but it was bad wording indeed.

I'm one of those people overly excited for Fallout 4. I haven't been this excited for a game, in a few years. Honestly, all they have to do to win me over, is not make it freeze as much as Skyrim did. I can get lost in the world of Fallout, and do absolutely nothing but roam around, for hours on end.

Around the Network

Ps4 destiny : 15.
Ps4 TLOU : 26
Ps4 call of : 64
Xone Halo : 69
Ps4 : 76
WiiU : 84 (yipii)
Ps4 Star wars : 88

The curious thing about the $400 bundles is that because they have games they can sorta give away for free, AND 500GB extra HDD space isn't very expensive it's possible for MS to do $100 off every boxed bundle as BF and holiday specials. If they only really care about winning NPD in Nov and Dec then that's plenty enough for them to get those wins.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Winning Nov and Dec is pointless because PS4 has already sold more units this year and will sell more for the quarter.That is why the monthly thing is pointless.All MS does is use price cuts and bundles to inflate sales for a few months.They don't actually sell more and instead move potential sales from one month to the next.What are they actually achieving other than a false image that they somehow had more success than their competition which is false.

It's a joke really because their sales spike does not last,which makes it uneffective for the long term and it is impossible for them to make up the entire year in two months.

Around the Network

Everytime I think the Cod and Battlefront bundles are about to drop out the top 100, they surprise me and go back up again. Especially the Cod bundle, that is a good rise from wbere it was a couple of days ago.

Abun said:
Winning Nov and Dec is pointless because PS4 has already sold more units this year and will sell more for the quarter.That is why the monthly thing is pointless.All MS does is use price cuts and bundles to inflate sales for a few months.They don't actually sell more and instead move potential sales from one month to the next.What are they actually achieving other than a false image that they somehow had more success than their competition which is false.

And don't forget that MS also over ships like mad, stuffing the channels.  Let's not forget the pallets of Titanfall bundles that were rolled out last year around the end of October - a bundle that had not been produced and shipped since Spring of that year.  Or the Assassin's Creed Unity bundle that still turned up new months after its supposed end of production.

#16 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#29 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#66 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle
#73 XB1 Halo 5 Bundle
#85 PS4
#92 WiiU Deluxe
#97 PS4 Star Wars Battlefront Bundle

This month is going to be interesting. It seems like the PS4 is really putting up a fight.

The Halo 5 bundle seems to be struggling because of the high price point, it should at least be $400 like the other XB1 bundles that were announced recently. Also, I wonder why Sony didn't do an Assassin's Creed bundle in the US. It would probably be the top selling PS4 sku for Oct. if they had done one.

This thread seems to keep changing forums. :p

But, yeah, at this rate, I feel another fire sale ahead for Xbox One. Give everyone sticker shock now, then that way people feel like they're getting a deal when everything comes down 50 bucks. I figure that is the "plan" Phil Spencer spoke about earlier.