By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

bananaking21 said:
LordPhil said:

#16 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#29 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#66 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle
#73 XB1 Halo 5 Bundle
#85 PS4
#92 WiiU Deluxe
#97 PS4 Star Wars Battlefront Bundle

This month is going to be interesting. It seems like the PS4 is really putting up a fight.

the Starwars and BO bundles wont count for this month. and Halo 5 is yet to release and still a long way from release. Halo is huge in the USA. i think XB1 will win this month easily. Nov and Dec are still up in the air. 

PS4 have the CoD and Starwars Bundles. XB1 has the Fallout bundle and Halo effect in Nov. but Nov is all about black friday. who ever wins BF will most likely win the month. and BF is all about the deals that Sony and MS have.

I think PS4 will have a 50$ pricecut, and XB1 will likely follow. it will be interesting to see which price cut is more effective. 

@bolded: I know, but there are still two other PS4 bundles ahead of the Halo 5 bundle. I'm not saying PS4 is going to win October NPD, just that it seems to be doing better than the XB1 so far this month despite Halo 5 releasing soon.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

I find really strange that the PS4 Fool's Edition has consistantly made it into the top 100 and yet the Uncharted Bundle is yet to get into the top 100. I just can't fathom it. It's not that I'd expect the PS4 with a free game to be in the top 100, but I would expect the PS4 without a game to be behind it. I'm also not sure where that Halo boost is going to come from. The picture presented here suggests that Destiny could well have replaced Halo for Xbox owners who have moved over or are currently moving over to the PS4. Destiny becoming a bigger incentive to buy a PS4 over an XB1 could in some way explain this unusual lack of enthusiasm for Halo. It should have been in the top 10 by now, not clinging on to the 70s.

#16 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#31 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#60 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#77 XB1 Halo Bundle
#81 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#82 WiiU Deluxe
#87 PS4 Fool's Edition

I always said that Destiny was going to hurt Halo and Bungie going multi would be a huge blow to MS in general.At the end of the day Destiny offers a better experience than Halo and fans have chosen the PS4 as the system to make play the game.

celador said:
bananaking21 said:

the Starwars and BO bundles wont count for this month. and Halo 5 is yet to release and still a long way from release. Halo is huge in the USA. 

It is not a long way from release though. The bundle comes out in just 16 days, other big bundles, like the Destiny one, were cememted in the top twenty by that stage already. The Halo bundle will do great, and X1 will win the month,  but the bundle is underperforming right now against expectations.

You can't guarantee a win for X1.The Halo bundle us not even doing as good as the Titanfall bundle.PS4 still has two bundles above it as mentioned.

NPD tracking for October starts today right? Well Sony is serious about being competitive this holiday. They're starting already-

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=console&category=9975893|All|matchallpartial+rel+ALL|video+games&kwr=y&lnk=lnav_narrow%20by%20category_1&ipr=#navigation=true&searchTerm=console&sortBy=bestselling&Nao=0&viewType=medium&category=9975893|All|matchallpartial

There goes more chances PS4 could win October. $50 gift card for all PS4 consoles.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Pionner said:
NPD tracking for October starts today right? Well Sony is serious about being competitive this holiday. They're starting already-

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=console&category=9975893|All|matchallpartial+rel+ALL|video+games&kwr=y&lnk=lnav_narrow%20by%20category_1&ipr=#navigation=true&searchTerm=console&sortBy=bestselling&Nao=0&viewType=medium&category=9975893|All|matchallpartial

There goes more chances PS4 could win October. $50 gift card for all PS4 consoles.

Yep and that price drop is looking less and less likely.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Pionner said:

Yep and that price drop is looking less and less likely.

I predict a price drop announced on October 27th to be effective November 1st or November 6th.  If its not that exact circumstances I predict no officical price cut at all.

CosmicSex said:

I predict a price drop announced on October 27th to be effective November 1st or November 6th.  If its not that exact circumstances I predict no officical price cut at all.

I say less and less likely for a reason. I'm not totally discounting the possibility of a price drop because we can only view the picture as it is now. Things change and that could end up making it necessary for Sony to drop the price a little. As it stands right now with the PS4 easily taking Amazon on a daily basis I think it's not likely they will drop the price.

Things like this can change the situation. This is recently in London but you'll get the point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f3u8bpDfWU

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

I say less and less likely for a reason. I'm not totally discounting the possibility of a price drop because we can only view the picture as it is now. Things change and that could end up making it necessary for Sony to drop the price a little. As it stands right now with the PS4 easily taking Amazon on a daily basis I think it's not likely they will drop the price.

Things like this can change the situation. This is recently in London but you'll get the point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f3u8bpDfWU

Interesting indeed. There are so many factors.  You even have to consider exchange rates.  

#17 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#29 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#70 XB1 Halo Bundle
#75 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#82 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#83 WiiU Deluxe
#87 PS4 Fool's Edition

The PS5 Exists. 

October NPD will be very interesting. A ps4 win would be disastrous for Ms.