By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Master Thief Collection up to #12 :)

Around the Network

2 hours since my last update:

#11 XB1 Halo Bundle (same)*
#12 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 1)*
#25 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 2)
#51 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#71 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (up 6)*
#75 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 5)
#85 XB1 Forza Bundle (same)*
#87 PS4 Destiny Bundle (same)*

*Affects this month

PS4 - 6 bundles, 6 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 2 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
So Halo is holding sales but NDC is rising, interesting.

NDC + Rockband?

Man depending on how many they manufacture the SW LE could be Sony's best bundle this year. It's performance has been consistently good at racking up those pre orders compared to any other bundle. If they have enough leftover stock to sell it at 350 on BF without too many stock issues..it'll fly off the shelves. I don't think that's gonna happen though. Both the stock and the price reduction.

5 hours since my last update:

#12 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 1)*
#16 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 4)*
#27 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 2)
#48 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 3)
#69 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (up 2)*
#75 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (same)
#90 PS4 Destiny Bundle (down 3)*
#92 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 7)*

*Affects this month

PS4 - 6 bundles, 6 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 2 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

The monthly update is late today or there's no movement at all. Here are the monthly rankings as of October 20th, movement compared to October 19th's placements:

#22 PS4 The Last of Us Remastered bundle (down 1)
#27 XB1 Limited Edition Halo 5 bundle (up 2)
#30 PS4 Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront bundle (no movement)*
#34 PS4 Limited Edition Destiny bundle (down 2)
#38 PS4 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection bundle (no movement)
#61 PS4 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 bundle (no movement)*

*Doesn't count towards October NPD

Wow ps4 is not selling that great right now on the hourly chart for October ps4 bundles (i.e. not the Star Wars and cod bundles). This is esp surprising considerin the price cut. This is what I was worried about with Sony dropping the price so long before halos release. I thought it would've been way better to do it 1-2wks before halo 5. Now the price drop effect is waning.

Btw, has Sony advertised the price drop at all?? I don't have cable, but I spend a lot of time on the internet and have seen not a single ad talking about the price drop. Anybody in the US have any insight on whether tv commercials have been playing?

peterdavid12345 said:
oh woa! the PS4 is actually doing very well, surprisingly :D !!! It's like iPhone 6 of smartphone, lol.
I'm glad.

So, overpriced and technically inferior to the main competition but still selling a lot? That doesn't sound like PS4 to me, aside from the selling a lot bit.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

pitzy272 said:
Wow ps4 is not selling that great right now on the hourly chart for October ps4 bundles (i.e. not the Star Wars and cod bundles). This is esp surprising considerin the price cut. This is what I was worried about with Sony dropping the price so long before halos release. I thought it would've been way better to do it 1-2wks before halo 5. Now the price drop effect is waning.

Btw, has Sony advertised the price drop at all?? I don't have cable, but I spend a lot of time on the internet and have seen not a single add talking about the price drop. Anybody in the US have any insight on whether tv commercials have been playing?

I think Sony is focussing on November, for sure the CoD and SW bundles are shifting sales that might have happened in Oct with the price cut into November. Sony's main problem is their 2 core bundles right now are both last gen remasters. For PS3 owners that is a poor incentive, so most of these people who intend to buy PS4 this holiday will be aiming for a bundle that has a proper new game attached, like star wars or CoD, which means waiting for November or December to buy.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

pitzy272 said:

Btw, has Sony advertised the price drop at all?? I don't have cable, but I spend a lot of time on the internet and have seen not a single ad talking about the price drop. Anybody in the US have any insight on whether tv commercials have been playing?

The reason could be the Destiny and TLOU bundles are out of stock. I think that's helped the NDC collection get well into the top 20 but if the other 2 were in stock, they would all probably be in the top 40. 6 out of 6 bundles in the top 100 is pretty good though, even with stock issues.