By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dracula X Chronicles screens - worst looking game on PSP?

looks good to me! looks like i got to get a psp and a ds...but seriously, I have a ps3 wii, and getting a 360, when would i have time to play all these handhelds, i really get into the systems? does anyone else have a couple(or all)next gen systems and handhelds??If so when do you play em??id hate to get one just to play on the throne(toilet)

Around the Network

Ok, here are some more screenshots. And for reference - the DS games ARE running in 3D - they just don't use models (for most things - some things are modelled in 3D) - most are just 2D images mapped to a texture.

Still prefer the full 3D version - go for it, I'll stick to the DS versions :) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

DS games do look good...I haven't played any of them yet either... I'll add them to my GameFly list...(I just signed up...GameFly + BrightSpot.TV = $5 a month for game rentals)

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Firstly, the PSP shots are blown up a bit...they're not the normal 480x272 resolution...secondly, watch a video of the game and you'll see how it looks and feels. There are so many layers for the 2d feel and there are nice plasma sky effects and loads of parallax style scrolling. Naturally 3d models aren't as clear as normal 2d characters...but comparing the screens...there is no comparison....the DS pictures are very flat and it doesn't look like much is going on in the background. If this is all you can do...and try and pick at PSP games...then what a sad lot you are....mmmm...jealousy again?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

davygee said:
Firstly, the PSP shots are blown up a bit...they're not the normal 480x272 resolution...secondly, watch a video of the game and you'll see how it looks and feels. There are so many layers for the 2d feel and there are nice plasma sky effects and loads of parallax style scrolling. Naturally 3d models aren't as clear as normal 2d characters...but comparing the screens...there is no comparison....the DS pictures are very flat and it doesn't look like much is going on in the background. If this is all you can do...and try and pick at PSP games...then what a sad lot you are....mmmm...jealousy again?

Hey, *I* didn't start this thread ;)

And I was just saying that I thought the SCREENSHOTS on the DS look better than the PSP ones posted above. That said, I agree with everything you said. PSP game is still early, no real point to compare (stills anyway).

For the record - Dawn of Sorrow (DS) rocks. Its really hard, really deep - and a lot of fun.

I didn't enjoy Portrait of Ruin anywhere near as much. The game feels rushed, its way too easy, there are barely any cheats/secrets around, etc. It has some nice ideas (the portal concept is nice, and allows the artists to be more creative) - but then it fell down in level/game design.

So if you want to get one of the DS Castlevania titles - i definitely recommend DoS, not PoR. The gfx are better as well (some amazing 3D/enemies/background gfx going on).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:

Hey, *I* didn't start this thread ;)

And I was just saying that I thought the SCREENSHOTS on the DS look better than the PSP ones posted above. That said, I agree with everything you said. PSP game is still early, no real point to compare (stills anyway).

Not getting at you personally...I'm just sick of people constantly trying to down the PSP, when there is no need to do that.

davygee said:

Hang on a sec... I just reread the entire thread - who is badmouthing the PSP for you to say:

"If this is all you can do...and try and pick at PSP games...then what a sad lot you are....mmmm...jealousy again?"

As far as I can see, nobody here has bashed it at all, and most tend to agree that for a "bad" PSP game, it doesn't look bad at all, leaving me bewildered at your defensive comment.

i prefer the 2d style game anyday. It looks better to me, but we're arguing about apples and oranges here. The 2D is more stylized, and artistic if you ask me. You could say similar things about the N64 castlevania and PS1 castlevania. Sometimes it is better not to go 3D.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

your mother said:

Hang on a sec... I just reread the entire thread - who is badmouthing the PSP for you to say:

"If this is all you can do...and try and pick at PSP games...then what a sad lot you are....mmmm...jealousy again?"

As far as I can see, nobody here has bashed it at all, and most tend to agree that for a "bad" PSP game, it doesn't look bad at all, leaving me bewildered at your defensive comment.

It's not just this thread, but the others that have appeared over the last few days like "The PSP is doomed" etc.

There is a selection of Nintendo fanboys that cannot, no matter what, push themselves to say a game looks good or there are a good selection of games now out for the PSP or coming out.  These so called game fans, just resort to the tokenistic, the PSP is crap it's sold half of what the DS has sold....the PSP games are crap...and just ports.

Whereas, if they actually thought for a moment and looked around, they would see that what they are saying (bar the DS has sold double quote) is rubbish.

I wasn't trying to generalise the thread, but generalise all these types of posters.

Rant over for now! 

Check out the 2 videos of the first 2 levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa9IJPEGrWc 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T79_qReMz4