By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: Syrian refugees may be terrorist army in disguise, I'll force them out of the US

You think you like some people in this forums until a thread like this comes and you just realize you don´t like them so much...

The good thing is that happens the other way around too.

Around the Network

Finally someone telling it like it is. Just because you were born in a hell hole doesn't give you the right to a betteer life in MY country or anyone elses. Live with the card you were dealt with and maybe if you're lucky and attempt to immigrate the normal, long way (and not by trying to claim yourself a refugee and bypass the system) you'll get lucky and gain citizenship in time. But regardless of what kind of horrible hell hole you're from, we Americans are not responsible for your life and well being. We should only be responsible for our own - that's the purpose of a country.

I don't know what's worse: Trump's race baiting (and his crowd's enthusiastic applause for it) or the disgusting generalizations about Muslims in this thread.

Seeing that the US actually doesn't really take in any refugees from Syria, while at the same time we currently have approximately 30.000 Syrian refugees in my city alone with literally hundreds more arriving every day, I feel qualified to say: Shut the fuck up Donald Trump! You might not be the uneducated moron you pretend to be but in this case you have no Idea what you're talking about.

Don't you fucking dare to make comments about refugees from a three way civil war, that for the most part are well educated, polite people that have to sleep in the streets without water, food or access to sanitary facilities, because our emergency make-shift refugee camps are collapsing under the load of people arriving.
I see these people almost every day and If we all stopped being so goddamn selfish for a second and actually tried to talk to them, forge a connection, hear their stories and help out instead of condemming them as lesser human beings because of their skin color, economical status, religion or what have you, integration might work better than it currently does.

And while it might be true that people gravitate to Germany more than other european countrys, the explanation of: 'Oh well, they don't have shit in their country so they come here to try and steal ours now!' is short sighted and mean-spirited.
The fact is, that most people actually like their homes. They identify with the culture they grew up in and try to achieve the best within the possibilities that they have. Most refugees from across the meditaranian see are actually better situated people for the stamdarts of their country. They are middle to upper middle class. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to pay the human traffikers fees in the first place. It's only after this first wave of refugees settle in and starts to have a steady income that lower income immigrants start coming with the money that first wave immigrants send them back. None of this changes the fact that most people would rather stay in their home country.
If you were a well educated upper middleclass ingeneur with a family that had to flee their home, would you rather go to Germany or Croatia? They don't come to leach of german wellfare, but of course they want perspectives, rebuild their lives.

But then theres also the fact that Germany actually takes refugees in, while many other european countries out right refuse to take them.

RenCutypoison said:
NightDragon83 said:

For all of Trump's grandstanding and hyperbole, he's not that far off with some of his comments.  A good chunk of the "refugees" currently flooding into Europe from northern Africa and the ME are no more political / war refugees than they are economic migrants, not unlike the hundreds of thousands that pour into the US via the southern border every year, that are simply looking to take advantage of the generous benefits certain countries are willing to hand out to them.

This meme explains the whole Syrian "refugee crisis" in a nutshell...

Does this meme take in account the fact more than 90% of the syrian go to the countries next to syria and not the rest of the world ?

Wow, you mean all those Syrians go directly next door before they go anywhere else?  No kidding!

The point of the meme was that despite being relatively safe in neighboring countries like Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan etc. as compared to their war ravaged homeland, many Syrian "refugees" (I put that in quotes because there are plenty of other migrants that are part of the waves traveling to Europe that aren't of Syrian origin) choose to advance onward to Europe, specifically Germany for obvious reasons, rather than stick things out at their neighbors' places... who  aren't exactly welcoming their Syrian brethren in with open arms i might add.

And that graphic you posted is even more interesting because of all the big fat zeroes over the Arab states in the Gulf region.  Explain why Europe, the US, or anyone else for that matter should take in a single refugee when none of those states, some of whom play a big role in the current state of affairs in the ME (looking at you, Saudi Arabia), refuse to take any refugees whatsoever?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

People equating sharia law to Islam....?

What on earth is the media in your country feeding you :O :O :O

Muslims fit in perfectly fine in societies all over the world.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

SuperNova said:
Seeing that the US actually doesn't really take in any refugees from Syria, while at the same time we currently have approximately 30.000 Syrian refugees in my city alone with literally hundreds more arriving every day, I feel qualified to say: Shut the fuck up Donald Trump! You might not be the uneducated moron you pretend to be but in this case you have no Idea what you're talking about.

Don't you fucking dare to make comments about refugees from a three way civil war, that for the most part are well educated, polite people that have to sleep in the streets without water, food or access to sanitary facilities, because our emergency make-shift refugee camps are collapsing under the load of people arriving.
I see these people almost every day and If we all stopped being so goddamn selfish for a second and actually tried to talk to them, forge a connection, hear their stories and help out instead of condemming them as lesser human beings because of their skin color, economical status, religion or what have you, integration might work better than it currently does.

And while it might be true that people gravitate to Germany more than other european countrys, the explanation of: 'Oh well, they don't have shit in their country so they come here to try and steal ours now!' is short sighted and mean-spirited.
The fact is, that most people actually like their homes. They identify with the culture they grew up in and try to achieve the best within the possibilities that they have. Most refugees from across the meditaranian see are actually better situated people for the stamdarts of their country. They are middle to upper middle class. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to pay the human traffikers fees in the first place. It's only after this first wave of refugees settle in and starts to have a steady income that lower income immigrants start coming with the money that first wave immigrants send them back. None of this changes the fact that most people would rather stay in their home country.
If you were a well educated upper middleclass ingeneur with a family that had to flee their home, would you rather go to Germany or Croatia? They don't come to leach of german wellfare, but of course they want perspectives, rebuild their lives.

But then theres also the fact that Germany actually takes refugees in, while many other european countries out right refuse to take them.

Refugees need to stay in refugee camps in Turkey/Jordan etc. We shouldnt have to worry about these people because they are not citizens of our country, so we should have absolutely no responsibility for them regardless of how bad ttheir situation is. Not our problem and we shouldnt make it so.

Shinobi-san said:
People equating sharia law to Islam....?

What on earth is the media in your country feeding you :O :O :O

Muslims fit in perfectly fine in societies all over the world.

Really, like in France and Sweden? And never mind the entire middle east! lol

MohammadBadir said:
mausy said:

Fixed like Iraq & Libya? 

No, I mean fixed like...

Ummm...

Yeah...

Fixed like Germany maybe? I know it's been a while since second world war, but America and the western allies have shown rather spectacularily that you can fix a country that has been broken down by war and extremist beliefs. Now granted Germany is and always has been much more similar to America in it's value system than any of the middle eastern countries are, but it is possible.

NightDragon83 said:
RenCutypoison said:
NightDragon83 said:

For all of Trump's grandstanding and hyperbole, he's not that far off with some of his comments.  A good chunk of the "refugees" currently flooding into Europe from northern Africa and the ME are no more political / war refugees than they are economic migrants, not unlike the hundreds of thousands that pour into the US via the southern border every year, that are simply looking to take advantage of the generous benefits certain countries are willing to hand out to them.

This meme explains the whole Syrian "refugee crisis" in a nutshell...

Does this meme take in account the fact more than 90% of the syrian go to the countries next to syria and not the rest of the world ?

Wow, you mean all those Syrians go directly next door before they go anywhere else?  No kidding!

The point of the meme was that despite being relatively safe in neighboring countries like Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan etc. as compared to their war ravaged homeland, many Syrian "refugees" (I put that in quotes because there are plenty of other migrants that are part of the waves traveling to Europe that aren't of Syrian origin) choose to advance onward to Europe, specifically Germany for obvious reasons, rather than stick things out at their neighbors' places... who  aren't exactly welcoming their Syrian brethren in with open arms i might add.

And that graphic you posted is even more interesting because of all the big fat zeroes over the Arab states in the Gulf region.  Explain why Europe, the US, or anyone else for that matter should take in a single refugee when none of those states, some of whom play a big role in the current state of affairs in the ME (looking at you, Saudi Arabia), refuse to take any refugees whatsoever?

Why should we make our decisions in the US based on what Saudi Arabia does?