By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Promotes (Hilariously BAD!) Halo 5 on UFC 192

I thought it was kinda funny...

Around the Network

I can't breathe...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

ArchangelMadzz said:
foodfather said:
Replace hashtagHalo with hashtagUncharted and you lot would be calling this the marketing stunt of the century...

"Can't wait to be playing #Uncharted4 pick it up in stores in March after I beat you!"

No, I'm sure we'd all laugh about how awful it was, and you'd be in that boat aswell.

Preview of next "Beef" from UFC 195

Ronda Rousey: "You know what Holly? Not even #Sully will save you from breaking your arm #Uncharted4 #NathanIsTeamRousey"

Holly Holm: "Yeah right! i bet #Elena would kick your sorry ass Ronda, and she is a fucking journalist! I will happily buy #Uncharted4 with my Win Bonus this #March2016"

halo would get the targeted sales numbers but that type of marketing is really lame. they should just have done better like promoting Halo only rather than those "i hit you..."

Money over dignity. That's the American Way, my friends!

Around the Network

Man this seems to be a new low in marketing. But the most shame should go to those fighters for giving their so-called private voice completely over to MS to put words in their mouths as if it was their own.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

LOLOL Holy Shit!

Thank God some sites took notice of this silly move and now they are reporting it!

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/09/this-painfully-fake-ufc-beef-is-brought-to-you-by-halo-5-guardians/

"I’ve just witnessed perhaps the most market-driven UFC fighter ‘beef’ of all time. Halo 5 was involved. Halo 5 hastags were involved. It wasn’t pretty.

Halo 5 and the UFC: lately they’ve been joined at the hip. Not only was Halo 5 a major sponsor of the UFC’s last major PPV event, but UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum is set to feature in the game itself.

Which is all fine and good. It’s all business. You might not like weird cross promotions of this type but Microsoft have a product to sell and the UFC likes money.

But now they’ve crossed a line and I can’t tell if it’s completely gross or hilarious. Probably both.

In the fight business, whether it’s boxing or MMA, there’s a sales component. Fighters are usually expected — on some level — to ‘sell’ the fight. They can sell that fight by playing up a dislike or a genuine grievance — like Ronda Rousey and Meisha Tate, who genuinely dislike one another. Or they could also go the Conor McGregor route: create a heel character so powerful that you can’t help but tune in. You either want Conor to win, or you really, really want to see him get knocked out. Sometimes the ‘sell’ feels legit. Sometimes it comes across as fake, a little bit WWE.

In short: there’s an art to it.

The current ‘beef’ between current UFC LHW champion Daniel Cormier and Alexander Gustafsson might be the most manufactured of all time. If there’s an art to selling a fight, these guys are scribbling on the living room wall with magic markers. It’s absolutely brutal.
It’s phony, weird and brought to you by Halo 5: Guardians, in stores October 27.

I’m torn between hating the sheer audacity of this powerful, powerful shill and being entertained by it. I mean it’s bad. It’s so, so bad.

It’s kind of a shame — because this fight is a big one. Not only is it a fantastic style match-up, but it almost certainly sets up the winner for an incredible rematch against disgraced former champion Jon Jones, who just avoided jail-time for a hit-and-run incident and should be reinstated to the UFC fairly soon. With stakes that high the fight almost sells itself.

Here’s hoping one of them… finishes the fight.

#halo5"

This was so deep, Adele could roll in it.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

I thought the first one was bad (because it was the only one I've seen), then I see the second, the third and the fourth. Oh my God... so much cringe. Who thought this was a great idea? Who!? Who!!?

Mr_No said:

I thought the first one was bad (because it was the only one I've seen), then I see the second, the third and the fourth. Oh my God... so much cringe. Who thought this was a great idea? Who!? Who!!?