By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Was the Wii U announced at E3 2011 released in 2012?

Is the same device?

Yes, that trailer is not real. 18 58.06%

No, looks like a different device. 8 25.81%

Not sure, but I'll read again. 5 16.13%

Total:31

I liked the Wii U we were shown in 2011. The final product is ok, but I wouldve preferred the former

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
I liked the Wii U we were shown in 2011. The final product is ok, but I wouldve preferred the former

Me too. I think it has certain mass appeal, but the price was still a problem.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

twintail said:
It shows that had ideas for the gamepad which they could never deliver on.
Pretty much just that.

Yep, even they stopped support of NintendoTVii, a program that was released in 2-3 countries.

i wasn't part of the hype train back then, nor even aware about Wii U console until Mario Kart 8. :D

so all those stuff like the shuriken, golf and that add-on to the gamepad for a shooting game never really came out?

Pavolink said:
StarOcean said:

Me too. I think it has certain mass appeal, but the price was still a problem.

Yeah it has a certain charm I can't explain. But yeah, price was always going to be an issue

Around the Network
gabzjmm23 said:
i wasn't part of the hype train back then, nor even aware about Wii U console until Mario Kart 8. :D

so all those stuff like the shuriken, golf and that add-on to the gamepad for a shooting game never really came out?

Golf and zapper don't, shuriken in a minigame in Nintendo Land but didn't work as good as the trailer.

Pavolink said:
gabzjmm23 said:

Golf and zapper don't, shuriken in a minigame in Nintendo Land but didn't work as good as the trailer.

thanks. i thought that shuriken was somewhat for a Ninja Gaiden game, which a ninja game that would be awesome. that is the main problem for Nintendo compared to Microsoft and especially Sony, marketing. Sony can hype their product properly. feel sad for the Wii U that it didn't get the attention to most people but i believe the one who bought the Wii U have great games that they've loved to play with. 

Nintendo's ability to only make so many games and the lack of third party support is the reason we haven't seen a lot of these features used. Also the small user base. I think the video conference would have been more popular with a bigger user base. One thing they did right was to replace the circles with sticks. As for me I'm more than happy with the purchase.

Makes me remember the potential the Wii U had. If marketed right, and invested on the right stuff, I'm sure it could be selling at least at XB1 levels.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

They also promised you could play with 2 game pads...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.