By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo will somehow celebrate Metroid's 30th anniversary in 2016 besides Federation Force?

the_dengle said:
Pavolink said:

Metroid is not going to appear on Wii U and Zelda will be the NX launch title. Latest Metroid games releases around August or September.

Okay, that's a nice story and all, but it seems a bit off-topic considering how we got to this point. You completely ignored all of my questions and brought NX into the discussion for no reason.

Let's go back to square one: I conjecture that a 2D Metroid game is currently in development, helmed by Sakamoto. It will be revealed under a year before its release. You have not contested this theory.

I think it is possible this game releases in 2016. You don't seem to share that opinion, but you've been a bit wishy-washy with your reason for coming to that conclusion, so please explain in clear terms why this hypothetical Metroid game cannot or will not be released in 2016.

Easy, they are not going to release a 2D Metroid in 3DS and Wii U. And NX launch won't have a Metroid. In your theory, you are forgetting the platform. Games are not developed to be played in the air, you need a platform, and 3DS and Wii U are not going to get a Metroid other than Federation Force.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Pavolink said:

Metroid is not going to appear on Wii U and Zelda will be the NX launch title. Latest Metroid games releases around August or September.

Okay, that's a nice story and all, but it seems a bit off-topic considering how we got to this point. You completely ignored all of my questions and brought NX into the discussion for no reason.

Let's go back to square one: I conjecture that a 2D Metroid game is currently in development, helmed by Sakamoto. It will be revealed under a year before its release. You have not contested this theory.

I think it is possible this game releases in 2016. You don't seem to share that opinion, but you've been a bit wishy-washy with your reason for coming to that conclusion, so please explain in clear terms why this hypothetical Metroid game cannot or will not be released in 2016.

I will contest. If another Metroid game was being made, on any platform. It would of been a perfect way to deal with the damage control towards Fed Force. "Fed Force is a side Metroid game. This game will be used to fill in the game for (insert Metroid game people wanted here)." Just saying it exsisted is enough. Yes, it may make the team making Fed Force look like shit. But fan hatred already did that anyway. But you'd rather have hate reduced. And you then don't have a former Metroid maker say if they where making one, it won't be released on Wii U, before its replacement.

That just throws cardboard boxes onto the fire. It would of also made of hell of a lot better sense to announced it like that, on stage. Imagine Fed Force. Everyone was pissed in the room. But then text pops up after it. "This is only the begining..." 2016 30th anniversary game celebration pops up after. That one line being there. Hatred would of never happened.

why do these things happen to me

I think the best we could hope for would be an announcement trailer of the next main entry, for the NX. And a HD port of Metroid Prime Collection would be awesone, but pretty unlikely - this year anyway