By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Shovel Knight - 50% of total units sales come from Nintendo Platforms

Didn't buy it. Fine with me!

Around the Network

I'm impressed by the sales on Wii U.
The large portion of sales on Nintendo consoles aren't particularly surprising, considering that a lot of Nintendo-focused Youtube channels advertised the game. The sales on Nintendo platforms might have something to do with Yacht Club Games having a good relationship with Nintendo, considering the Shovel Knight amiibo. Though the relationship might have been there before, considering that the Kickstarter was intended for both Wii U and 3DS. I can't remember the last time a Kickstarter had both the Wii U and 3DS as their initial platforms.

Apparently about 0 % of its revenue came from GOG.com (and other possible PC platforms, if such exist).

Hmm, I wonder what the revenue breakdown is.

On the other hand, I really can't justify it at $15, when the NSMBU+NSLU double pack is sitting at $60 and would probably drop in price soon.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Lawlight said:
10 months between releases on the Nintendo systems/PC and the PS4/X1.

PS4 has more than double the Wii U sales and has exclusive content. Try harder.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

Ok. PS4 has other games. Like, many of them.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

Ok. PS4 has other games. Like, many of them.

Yep, most of them are on PS3 as well. ;)

It says PS platforms btw, that's PS3 + PS4 + PS Vita.

Steam has more games than PS4 btw.

Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

Just for the record, you don't think that being out almost a year longer on the Wii U and 3DS has anything to do with selling more units than on Xbox and Playstation systems?  I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

pokoko said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

Just for the record, you don't think that being out almost a year longer on the Wii U and 3DS has anything to do with selling more units than on Xbox and Playstation systems?  I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

Most games get their sales in their first few months, especially famous ones (and Shovel Knight was already famous by the time it released on the PS4).

14% for PS4, PS3 AND Vita is not very good, sorry.

And I also predict Tomb Raider on the PS4 to outsell the XBONE version. Which releases a year later.

It released there first, plus it's a type of game that really resonates with PC and Nintendo crowd. Though I believe the PS4 version will pass the Wii U eventually. If only because install base.