By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the next Metal Gear game get biased reviews?

Tagged games:

Will the next Metal Gear game get biased negative reviews?

Yes, it will get negative... 36 65.45%

No, it will be judged fai... 14 25.45%

Results 5 9.09%

Total:55
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I think gameplay will more or less remain the same and the story is gonna get A LOT simpler.  I don't think reviewers are gonna take points off because a developer left...

Momotaro Dentetsu and Mario Party will disagree with you.
Presentation is going to suffer hugely. So is any minor game mechanics.

It is also possible that they get lucky and make next DmC, but for game that requires this much minor details and full AAA development power, I doubt it.

Around the Network

no it will be a remaster

If there's a next main MGS game and Kojima's team isn't involved, it will get bad reviews because it's going to be a bad game.

the next metal gear game will get crapped on because kojima isnt involved

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

This one did. Why shouldn't the next?

Around the Network

This one got biased reviews so the next one being more negative wouldn't surprise me.

Reviews for all Metal Gear titles and spinoffs henceforth will doubtless be required to mention Kojima at least once despite his absense, but the pro sites won't be biased (for that reason, at least). The scorned fans will tear down the new titles as best they can, though, because #fuckonami.

Kagerow said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I think gameplay will more or less remain the same and the story is gonna get A LOT simpler.  I don't think reviewers are gonna take points off because a developer left...

Momotaro Dentetsu and Mario Party will disagree with you.
Presentation is going to suffer hugely. So is any minor game mechanics.

It is also possible that they get lucky and make next DmC, but for game that requires this much minor details and full AAA development power, I doubt it.

Which Mario Party did he leave before?  Because a lot of them have been ass anyway.

Xxain said:
No? Did they get biased when Sakaguchi left FF? When RARE left DK?, ND left Crash? Its not the media thats on Kojimas dick, its the gamers

DKC: TF is rated lower on metacritic than NSMBU despite the fact that most people who played both prefer the latter to a large degree.

Is the third Batman Arkham game really that much worse than the two games before it? No, not really...

And I still can't understand how the immersive breaking super dumb AI in TLOU got overlooked in most reviews.

Samus Aran said:
Xxain said:
No? Did they get biased when Sakaguchi left FF? When RARE left DK?, ND left Crash? Its not the media thats on Kojimas dick, its the gamers

DKC: TF is rated lower on metacritic than NSMBU despite the fact that most people who played both prefer the latter to a large degree.

Is the third Batman Arkham game really that much worse than the two games before it? No, not really...

And I still can't understand how the immersive breaking super dumb AI in TLOU got overlooked in most reviews.

You're gonna need more of a source than "I've seen it online" to substantiate your first sentence. We don't know how many of the ~600K DKTF owners also own NSMBU and we don't know how many prefer one to the other. Remember that those who comment on the Internet are the smallest of minorities compared to the rest of the players. 

Not that I disagree with your comment's point, but TF isn't the best example since it's less a bias issue against non-Rare DK as much as that it came out at a really bad time, being way too late on the 2D train for  the Wii U and thus garnering fatigue from reviewers despite being phenomenal. (Not to mention DK in general wasn't the best example for Xxain to use because DK has been very dynamic as a franchise which makes its reviews fluctuate by default.) Your other two comments are on point though, the circumstances of the TF comment necessitated a response from me though. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!