By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has voice acting performance ever impacted your decision to buy a game? If so, which game?

Has voice acting ever impacted your decision to buy a game?

Yes 8 30.77%

No 18 69.23%

Total:26

Nope, never. Unless it's just really too awful to listen to, but even then I would just play the game with the sound off and listen to something else.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

yes i bought prinny because i love the voice acting ( i really that in reality i would probably hate the speakers guts).

it broke my heart they changed the voice speaker

Nope.

It's good if the voice of character carries on sequels, but not mandatory.

I may give a little more consideration to a version of the game dubbed in Portuguese instead of importing if prices aren't too different.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hiku said:
Skullwaker said:
Nope, never. Unless it's just really too awful to listen to, but even then I would just play the game with the sound off and listen to something else.

I got this game, even though it may have the worst English voice acting I've heard in my life:

(They hired their friends and families to do the voice acting. No joke.)
Although there was an option to switch to Japanese, but I actually stuck to English because it was so bad that it was funny.

Oh my God, that's hilarious XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

One of my favorite games of all time is the first RE on PS1. Atmosphere and music is more important than voice acting for me. Gameplay is still king though.

Around the Network

On language, not on performance. I refuse to buy anything with voice acting in a language I don't understand.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

lol no 5 years ago there were no games in my language, good voice acting is like cake, a very nice thing to have but you're not gonna die from the lack of it

Hiku said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Hiku said:
Skullwaker said:

I got this game, even though it may have the worst English voice acting I've heard in my life:

(They hired their friends and families to do the voice acting. No joke.)
Although there was an option to switch to Japanese, but I actually stuck to English because it was so bad that it was funny.

Oh my God, that's hilarious XD

Why does the guy at 3:12 sound like a gangsta from the hood? xD "Yeaaahhh"

"I'm gonna hurt you badly. I mean REALLY badly" He says it in the most uninterested way possible. I'm gonna hurt you, whatever.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

No, never. Honestly, it is probably the least important part of the game to me.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

My only issue is forced dubs.. I'll usually only get those games when they're cheaper
Sub or gtfo.