By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 5, The Last of Us, or Grand Theft Auto 5 which is more deserving of its 10/10 score?

OP

Metal Gear Solid 5 14 11.67%

The Last of Us 74 61.67%

Grand Theft Auto 5 14 11.67%

Show results. 17 14.17%

Total:119
ghettoglamour said:
My scores would be like:

TLOU 10
GTA V 9.5
MGS V 6.5

Yes. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Gta v was very up and down throughout the story but I'd say it deserved it's 10/10, tlou for me is a no brainer 10/10 so I'd say tlou is the most deserving out of the 2.

I can't comment on mgsv though, haven't played it.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I'm not a massive fan of GTA tbh, but having played TLOU and currently playing shit out of MGSv I can judge those so id say;
The Last Of Us: 93%
MGSV:tpp : 84%
GTA: 70%

I love it when I game grabs you like books do so it has to be story driven but obviously it also needs to be fun to play, MGS is fun to play but I'm struggling getting into it story wise. TLOU on the other hand reels you in and you want to know what's going to happen next, it's also really fun to play aswell.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I can't speak on MGSV. I feel like both GTAV & TLoU should get 10's. GTAV for perfecting the open world with the switching of characters, easter eggs, side missions, businesses, heists and the general story + script are great. TLoU for the mix of linearity/ semi - open world, scavenging, crafting, spontaneous conversations, intense combat and one of the most controversial endings I've ever seen!! I was hyped for both GTAV + TLoU when they launched, not so much MGSV, maybe because Fallout 4 is right around the corner.

Gameplay- Tie between TLOU and MGSV
Story- TLOU.
GTAV is the least deserving. Personally, I think TLOU well deserves the 10/10. It's gameplay matched the feel of the game so perfectly. Constant despiration. You have to make due with what you have, and it's seemingly never enough. I also loved how the game made you feel like you were a person firing a gun, not a robot. As anyone whose fired a gun in real life would tell you, guns kinda suck.
MGSV, had some amazing gameplay. I liked how you could tackle any task in so many different ways. Some people act like stealth is the only viable option, but in reality, it's very possible to get an A or S on mission while going loud, you're less likely to, but you still can.
TLOU had a super strong story, definitely stronger than the other two.
GTAV is a lot of fun. There's a ton of cool things to do, but events feel pretty scripted most of the time, and there are some issues with the online, and loading that are unforgivable to me.
TLOU-10/10
MGSV- 9.9/10
GTAV-9.5/10

Around the Network

GTA V couldn't really hold my interest for too long, maybe I was burnt out of GTA because I just finished SA before playing V. It's still a great game though, I'll have to finish it. I haven't played TLOU yet so no comment on that, so that just leaves MGS V. MGS V is some of the most fun I've had in the last couple years, so I'll go with that.

Zackasaurus-rex said:
The Last of Us >>>>> Metal Gear Solid V >>>>>>>> GTAV

Would go like this for me, i prefere guided game vs open world too.

Haven't played TLOU or GTAV despite owning them, but it's not possible to rate MGS5 a 10/10 objectively.

GTAV by far.

Wagram said:
Haven't played TLOU or GTAV despite owning them, but it's not possible to rate MGS5 a 10/10 objectively.

Objectiveness and giving something a rating are incompatible.