By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why hasn't Nintendo revealed Super Mario Maker's worldwide sale numbers??

twintail said:
I think because it hasn't hit a million yet and selling at a slower rate than they had anticipated.

or because bragging about software sales is going to do nothing at all to market the wiiu so why bother.

this.  i don't think it really hit 1M sales WW yet, and regardless if Nintendo wanted to tell everyone that it reached a million copy, Wii U numbers still be depressing.

Around the Network

Because the game is bombing harder than The Wonderful 101.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Because the game is bombing harder than The Wonderful 101.

Bahahaha, you're so funny.

I know from reading on Eurogamer that it had the fourth-best first week sales of any Wii U game (behind Nintendo Land, Smash and MK8). I read somewhere that its first week sales in Japan were similarly ranked, and I'd be very surprised if it hadn't done fairly well in the US, too.

My guess is we shouldn't be trying to answer this question because Nintendo works in mysterious ways. It might be that the game hasn't hit 1 million sold yet, but it could also just be Nintendo being Nintendo.

RPGFan1 said:
Maybe this is one of the few Nitnendo games that will drop in price. As hyped as it has been and it being a Mario title, it had to receive an excess print run. Maybe I'll be able to pick it up for $30 or less one day. I think it's way overpriced for what it is, but $30 is reasonable.

I am pretty sure it won't be any price cut for Mario Maker, I can't remember at all if any Nintendo game had price cut..

The most played level has 730.000 unique players who tried it btw. I'd be surprised if it hadn't hit 1M in sales yet.

Around the Network

To be honest SMM is not that great. It's ok for the most part. I've lost interest in both creating and playing modes already.

nintendo is still in a restructuring. or maybe they will blow us away with a hugh number in the next direct.

Boberkun said:
To be honest SMM is not that great. It's ok for the most part. I've lost interest in both creating and playing modes already.

Maybe if they actually let people make FULL MARIO GAMES, that would have been avoided. Making and playing in random, disconnected levels would wear on a person after awhile... or at least the majority of people.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Boberkun said:

Maybe if they actually let people make FULL MARIO GAMES, that would have been avoided. Making and playing in random, disconnected levels would wear on a person after awhile... or at least the majority of people.

Lol if you think anyone would play some random stranger's full game (most of it would be crap anyway).

What they need though is an overworld map where you can put levels you made or levels downloaded from others for yourself to en,joy. This way you could build your own custom Mario game.

SMM is great, if a level creator isn't something you like then don't complain. I hope it gets supported by dlc.

Samus Aran said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Boberkun said:

Lol if you think anyone would play some random stranger's full game (most of it would be crap anyway).

What they need though is an overworld map where you can put levels you made or levels downloaded from others for yourself to en,joy. This way you could build your own custom Mario game.

SMM is great, if a level creator isn't something you like then don't complain. I hope it gets supported by dlc.

It's not. Lack of tools, modes, awful ranking system, Top 50 full of "Automatic Mario" shit, etc. It doesn't even have local co-op in NSMBU mode.