By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I was wrong (but do not tell anybody)

rolltide101x said:
cycycychris said:
To be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed by Mario Maker. But by no means is it a bad game.

I find Splatoon the best exclusive so far.

Vice versa for me. Was underwhelmed by Splatoon and love Mario Maker

I found both games massively underwhelming. It takes a lot for a gam to demand a Platinum Trophy from me, and while I understand that Nintendo games don't have those, I can confidently say I came nowhere close to hitting the equivalent of a Platinum on either game.

Mario Maker, to me, is a new tool. Will I watch YouTube videos? You betcha. Will I actually play or build those levels? No, I didn't play normal Mario games, either. It's, to me, Nintendo's very own Minecraft.

As for Splatoon, the aesthetic didn't appeal to me. Nor did the gameplay or story. It seemed all around like exactly the type of game Nintendo would make in place of a team shooter. Lots of effort went into it, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:

I find it odd how I who am one of the biggest Souls fans in existence who has probably a couple thousand hours invested between all the games and have the platinum trophies in Demon's, Dark 1, and Dark 2, and am 90% through with it in Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 PS4 feels that Bloodborne was topped and it appears many other people do not.

I mean I love Bloodborne but it has quite a few flaws

The problem stems from your love of Dark Souls itself. Bloodborne did a few things very un-Souls in it, mainly the ditching of the shield and lagsta- I mean backstab. I also personally love Bloodborne PVP more because I don't get backstabbed by someone in front of me, which is pretty much Souls PVP in a nutshell. Bloodborne also simplified the Souls formula, which makes up a lot of its draw.

In short, you love Bloodborne because it feels like Souls, but you're not IN love with it because it's not Souls.

invetedlotus123 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What the hell? you are paying for the tool they have made specifically for you to make your levels in the easiest and funniest way they could, you are not paying to work on the game THE CREATION IS THE GAME, if you dont like that, you dont buy it, nobody is making you work for nothing, and if the fact that your creations add value to the game is bad then all mod comunities on PC since the early nineties that have been actively increasing the value of a ton of games with their mods are something bad because reasons...and btw the game has like 70 levels already on the disc, it doesn´t come empty.

Mod community on PC are great, but they do this for free and increase value of products they are not going to see a penny from. Some lucky modders may get jobs, like the ones that creates Counter Strike. They are great for me, for the developers and for themselves if they love to do it.

But, in case of games like Little Big Planet and Mario Maker, I really can see Sony and Nintendo using consumer generated content to increase the value of THEIR products whitou paying us a penny. Their games will have tons of great levels and they won't have to pay a penny to the creators of those levels, thus, capitalizing with my creativity that I PAID so they could use.

So the companies that let people mod their games and even give the people the tools to modd it since the early nineties are evil and greedy (holy shit, that´s half of the industry) just becuase what other people does increase the value of their product, but maybe it does it you know, because the product was great on the first place.

Choosing a nintendo exclusive over bloodborne? You aren't a diehard Playstation fan.

NAH, just kidding it is a awesome game but not the best exclusive for me.

Sprash said:

Choosing a nintendo exclusive over bloodborne? You aren't a diehard Playstation fan.

NAH, just kidding it is a awesome game but not the best exclusive for me.

LOL, but in all seriousness I probably play my PS4 85% of the time. PC 10% of the time and WIi U 5%

Around the Network
Azuren said:

The problem stems from your love of Dark Souls itself. Bloodborne did a few things very un-Souls in it, mainly the ditching of the shield and lagsta- I mean backstab. I also personally love Bloodborne PVP more because I don't get backstabbed by someone in front of me, which is pretty much Souls PVP in a nutshell. Bloodborne also simplified the Souls formula, which makes up a lot of its draw.

In short, you love Bloodborne because it feels like Souls, but you're not IN love with it because it's not Souls.

Kinda sorta. You can heal to fast in Bloodborne PvP and there is not as much depth but I do really like the high action side of it. Demon's is by far the best game in the series and is my 2nd favorite game of all time.

Well said mate, especially being a die hard Playstation fan. Even more impressive is you actually own a Wii U as well as a PS4, thus proving it is all about the games. I also own both consoles too, difference is im a die hard Nintendo fan but I cant deny what brilliance Sony brings to the table as well. Best console combo to have this gen, and I sure hope a lot of other PS4 fans consider Wii U if they are looking for a second system.

rolltide101x said:
Azuren said:

Kinda sorta. You can heal to fast in Bloodborne PvP and there is not as much depth but I do really like the high action side of it. Demon's is by far the best game in the series and is my 2nd favorite game of all time.

I agree that Demon's is great. There are aspects of each Souls game that I love, and I feel like they are all coming together in Dark Souls 3 flawlessly.

the amiibo is so great and the artbook is a nice tiny thingy