By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If its comparable in power with the bone and its cheaper I will buy one if it gets great games

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

If its comparable in power with the bone and its cheaper I will buy one if it gets great games

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I'm not interested in the power. Although I do think it will be more powerful than the PS4. What I am really interested in is if there will be no more handheld or console exclusives between the two. I'm fully expecting to be able to play Pokemon on NX if its a home console. If Nintendo can't figure that out then I may not be interested in NX.

Think about it. If 3DS and Wii U had the same library you'd be swearing that Wii U may be the best home console ever. It would have Pokemon, Yokai Watch,, Monster Hunter 4, Bravely Default, DQX, ALBW, and they wouldn't have had to remake SSB, MK, SM3DW, etc. etc. That could have led to even more games.

Hiku said:
Aquietguy said:
sabvre42 said:
If it beats the ps4 it might have a chance. The WiiU came out at approximately the same power as the ps3/360 1 year before the end of that gen.

They also tried to "innovate" by copying the psp temote play... which the ps4 ended up doing better. However, the gamepad was forced.

Wii U the same power as the PS360?? Nintendo copied PSP remote play?? The ship has long sailed on the Wii U not being more powerful than last gen. And Nintendo copied dual screen of their hand helds.

He said Remote Play, not Dual Screen.

The Wii U doesn't have remote play. How have they copied it if the U doesn't have it.?

The NX is in a situation similar to the Dreamcast, it could be powerful for it's time but future consoles (PS5 XB?) would be released not too far into the future and would be more advanced, perhaps causing 3rd parties to shift their focus.

Around the Network

Considering how underpowered are the PS4 and the X1, I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least on par with them.

I think Nintendo fans saying "I don't need power", "Nintendo games don't need power, cause they are cartoony" ignore the fact, that without quality 3rd party support, NX will bomb. 3rd party games are more important than 1st party games, period. If the console is weaker than PS4. people won't feel the need to get it, cause it's no upgrade over the "market standard". The Nintendo console will be yet again relegated to struggle in a fight to justify itself as a secondary console for exclusives only. Not the best place to be.

I'd be very happy with NX being my primary console this gen, but it has to be at least somewhat more powerful than the PS4. Taking advantage of 3 extra years and the advancement in technology, being powerful enough to play 3rd party games in 1080p/60fps with the same graphics would be the sweet spot that would sway many people away from PS4/Xbone. Obviously, the online service would have to be top notch with account system in the eShop and trophy/achievements, but how hard is that? Do that and the market is yours for the taking, Nintendo!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
I think Nintendo fans saying "I don't need power", "Nintendo games don't need power, cause they are cartoony" ignore the fact, that without quality 3rd party support, NX will bomb. 3rd party games are more important than 1st party games, period. If the console is weaker than PS4. people won't feel the need to get it, cause it's no upgrade over the "market standard". The Nintendo console will be yet again relegated to struggle in a fight to justify itself as a secondary console for exclusives only. Not the best place to be.

I'd be very happy with NX being my primary console this gen, but it has to be at least somewhat more powerful than the PS4. Taking advantage of 3 extra years and the advancement in technology, being powerful enough to play 3rd party games in 1080p/60fps with the same graphics would be the sweet spot that would sway many people away from PS4/Xbone. Obviously, the online service would have to be top notch with account system in the eShop and trophy/achievements, but how hard is that? Do that and the market is yours for the taking, Nintendo!

I don't think it needs to be the most powerful to be successful. It needs to be able to run 3rd party ports with little fuss. It needs to have easy porting so 3rd parties don't have an excuse not to do it. The big selling point should be that the entire library of Nintendo games will be available on the device and won't be separated by the handheld division. Like I said, if Nintendo did this from the start and made the Wii U a console that it into an HD 3DS player, it wouldn't have had nearly the struggles it did. There would have been fewer droughts too.

NX could be a success if it is 2 things. Affordable, and accessible. 1 game can run on 2 devices? True ability to go from console to handheld without missing a beat? 3rd parties would be racing to put their games on the system and it looks like SE is one of the first ones racing to do so. It just needs to be in between PS4 and Xbox One to do so.

bunchanumbers said:

I don't think it needs to be the most powerful to be successful. It needs to be able to run 3rd party ports with little fuss. It needs to have easy porting so 3rd parties don't have an excuse not to do it. The big selling point should be that the entire library of Nintendo games will be available on the device and won't be separated by the handheld division. Like I said, if Nintendo did this from the start and made the Wii U a console that it into an HD 3DS player, it wouldn't have had nearly the struggles it did. There would have been fewer droughts too.

NX could be a success if it is 2 things. Affordable, and accessible. 1 game can run on 2 devices? True ability to go from console to handheld without missing a beat? 3rd parties would be racing to put their games on the system and it looks like SE is one of the first ones racing to do so. It just needs to be in between PS4 and Xbox One to do so.

I agree it doesn't need to be the most powerful, but it's still nice to be the most powerful system, and it's kind of weird not to be, considering the PS4/XOne are low-end PC sold well before on the market.

Also, I'm not sure it will work out to have 1 game for 2 devices. Different gamepad, different screen, different market and needs (game session length,  for example), different power. It's not just about having a common 3d engine.

Norris2k said:
bunchanumbers said:

I agree it doesn't need to be the most powerful, but it's still nice to be the most powerful system, and it's kind of weird not to be, considering the PS4/XOne are low-end PC sold well before on the market.

Also, I'm not sure it will work out to have 1 game for 2 devices. Different gamepad, different screen, different market and needs (game session length,  for example), different power. It's not just about having a common 3d engine.

See I used to think that too. Being an rpg fan I would do long sessions on my consoles. But DS and 3DS has proven me wrong. There are plenty of long session games on handhelds. The real question will be what form will the screen of the handheld be. If its a single display then it won't be a issue to have common controls. If its another Dual Screen then the console version of NX will need a gamepad. I'm banking on NX handheld to be a single display or even something like it.