By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
illdill1987 said:
zorg1000 said:

U do realize Wii U was a massive leap one Wii, right?

A massive leap over a system with 10 year old technology... Not impressive its still a massive step behind where it should be.

U said Nintendo makes consoles that dont significantly increase in power....not my fault u didn't write what u meant.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

It's going to beat current gen specs. No system ever released has been weaker than the prevoius gen.

It's not going to beat the next wave of the competitors, but it will beat the current ones. They have been out for a while.

I LOVE ICELAND!

i buy it depending on the games. not power.

ITT: A whole bunch of Nintendo fans who haven't quite realized that Nintendo's first party games alone don't sell consoles to anyone other than the dwindling hardcore Nintendo fan base they find themselves in.

I think Nintendo knows that power and innovation can work. However, I don't think NX is what we think it is so I can't say if power will be an aspect of the device. The infographic that Nintendo showed that had NX alongside 3DS and Wii U still has me on the ropes.

Around the Network
KungKras said:

It's going to beat current gen specs. No system ever released has been weaker than the prevoius gen.

It's not going to beat the next wave of the competitors, but it will beat the current ones. They have been out for a while.

Being more powerful than the Wii U doesnt mean that it will be more powerful than the Ps4.

The NX might as well be a bumped up version of the Wii U on its internals.

The Wii was barely more powerful than the Gamecube.

Hiku said:
Aquietguy said:
Hiku said:
Aquietguy said:

The Wii U doesn't have remote play. How have they copied it if the U doesn't have it.?

It does.

"It can display an entirely different image, or duplicate the television screen into the Wii U GamePad. Off-TV Play is the term used for when an entire game is played strictly on the controller, without the use of a television."

Distance is limited, but you can use it to play the game from another room, or free up the TV to allow someone to do something else with it while you play your WiiU game.

Off screen play is a byproduct of having a second screen.However,  the main point of the pad is dual screen interaction. Something that was done with the Gameboy Advanced. So they didn't copy PSP remote pkay. Sony copied them.

Your Gameboy Advance (pretty sure you mean Nintendo DS) reference is about two screens integrated on the same hardware. That is not the same as a separate screen that can be used remotely, so it's certainly not a byproduct of that. Nintendo had two screens on their old Donkey Kong Game & Watch back in 1982.

It's purpose, just like with the NDS, was to give you more screen, not to let you stream the entire game from your console.
The PSP/Vita introduced the ability to play your console games on the go.

No it's was the Gameboy Advanced that connected to the GameCube. That's the first interaction between console and handheld. Again,  the Wii U isn't about playing on the go. It's about dual screen.  Just wireless dual screen. But no remote play on the go. 

It doesn't matter if it's more powerful. It just has to be on par. If on par and not so required to implement innovation as the Wii U's mistake was, then third party devs will shift the hardcore market to the NX, since that's the pattern here we see with the XBone and PS4.

EpicLight said:
It doesn't matter if it's more powerful. It just has to be on par. If on par and not so required to implement innovation as the Wii U's mistake was, then third party devs will shift the hardcore market to the NX, since that's the pattern here we see with the XBone and PS4.

What makes people believe that third party games will sell well on Nintendo Consoles if Nintendo makes the console as powerful as its competitors?

zorg1000 said:
illdill1987 said:

A massive leap over a system with 10 year old technology... Not impressive its still a massive step behind where it should be.

U said Nintendo makes consoles that dont significantly increase in power....not my fault u didn't write what u me

Whatever, They are never cutting edge anymore. And I don't have time for that ;)