By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 6 already in development!

jlmurph2 said:

Also, looking at this video, Halo 5 looks to be a masterpiece in optimization. Smooth 60fps in an early build is great to see. But no one wants to mention that.

pshhh That dynamic resolution is too jarring, should have it locked at 480p

Around the Network
HokageTenshi said:
sounds like Halo 5 is rushed to steal PS4 sales this holiday i guess...

Exactly how did you come to this conclusion from them saying they have done serious planning on Halo 6?

jlmurph2 said:

Also, looking at this video, Halo 5 looks to be a masterpiece in optimization. Smooth 60fps in an early build is great to see. But no one wants to mention that.

There is a thread which is predictably void of much conversation. I haven't watched the video because I'm trying not to spoil anything else from Halo. Heard the analysis was positive though. 

Dark_Feanor said:
Guitarguy said:
Shocked(not really). If Halo 5 turns out to be a broken mess at launch, we will know why.

Surely the art department and level desiners are responsible for network optimisation and QA...

Valid point but there does seem to be a general rush to have Halo 5 out by this year. I'm not liking this trend by any publisher. Who knows if the art direction and level designs/creation were not scaled back just to have the game ready for network optimisation and quality analysis.

Guitarguy said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Surely the art department and level desiners are responsible for network optimisation and QA...

Valid point but there does seem to be a general rush to have Halo 5 out by this year. I'm not liking this trend by any publisher. Who knows if the art direction and level designs/creation were not scaled back just to have the game ready for network optimisation and quality analysis.

In what way? The 3 full years of development? The 10 month early beta? 60fps smooth gameplay and huge levels with multiple paths before the game goes gold? Nothing seems rushed at all about Halo 5. Just because its not delayed doesn't mean it isn't ready.

Around the Network

I think this is to be expected, just as Nintendo is surely planning Mario Kart 9 and Sony is likely planning a second Bloodborne (or something along the lines of it).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

jlmurph2 said:
Guitarguy said:

In what way? The 3 full years of development? The 10 month early beta? 60fps smooth gameplay and huge levels with multiple paths before the game goes gold? Nothing seems rushed at all about Halo 5. Just because its not delayed doesn't mean it isn't ready.

We shall see when it comes out. If I am wrong I will happily admit it. Just a bit skeptical of most AAA first party titles these days, Sony and Nintendo(Nintendo to a lesser extent) included.

Dang the sequel of the game got confirmed before the game even came out

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Well hope it reaches the expectations Halo 5 will hopefully set after it too hopefully fits expectations.
(inb4 hope-ception)

Also those who are thinking that starting on the next game when the previous one is pretty much done is comparable to developing DLC while the main game is still in the works are being being overly-critical (or possibly scapegoating this in defense of the latter practice).

The whole team needed for development and refinement of the game are done with their part. When did Halo 4 come out in comparison to 5?

MotherBound said:
Dang the sequel of the game got confirmed before the game even came out

Nope not at all