By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sequels - what do you prefer: numbers or words?

Tagged games:

So?

Numbers! 25 36.23%

Words! 13 18.84%

Duh...both! 21 30.43%

I'd rather developers st... 3 4.35%

Can you repeat the question? 7 10.14%

Total:69
Nymeria said:
All I dislike is games or movies titled the same as old entries so have "Title (Release Year)" which makes it confusing when you say you like a game or movie and have to explain which one you meant.

Aye, you really have to feel for all those people who have to explain what the '06 means when telling people about their favourite Sonic the Hedgehog game. Those poor bastards....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I prefer numerical that way I know it's a new entry in the main series and not some spinoff.

Sometimes words don't always make the games sequels, that's the problem with having words. A good example was Assassins creed. I think it was assassins creed 2 was released then there were 2 more after that, that were words. Until we finally got assassins creed 3 which was a true sequel.

So I think I'll go for numbers as its a proper confirmation of a sequel and not a carry on.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Names

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Heh, I've never really payed attention to that! I'm OK with both though.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Numbers make it easier to follow the order but I prefer when they use both.

The Witcher => The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings => The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune => Uncharted 2: Among Thieves => Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception => Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Broken Sword => Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror => Broken Sword 3 The Sleeping Dragon => Broken Sword 4 the Angel of Death => Broken Sword 5 the Serpent's Course

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I like the way Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts do it.
Who doesn't enjoy a title like Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster or Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

numbers by far  > both > words.