By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dedicated Twitch app coming to PS4, PS3 and Vita

I wonder when they will remove the twitch app from vita like youtube app

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

About bloody time. Will be great for watching the Smite World Champs in January.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

It only took them two years after the PS4 launched...

Well, at least it's finally coming. Maybe we'll get a release date at Sony's next conference.

Great!!!

twintail said:
Vita too I think is a bit weird when youtube is gone and no Netflix... actually I think Sony needs to really reconsider Netflix since they were pushing the service at TGS.

in there defense you can watch Youtube right on the web browser. You used to have to download the videos, thats no longer the case. IMHO its not bad. I dont know where the no Netflix thing is coming from im using it on the Vita right now.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Vita too I think is a bit weird when youtube is gone and no Netflix... actually I think Sony needs to really reconsider Netflix since they were pushing the service at TGS.

Netflix is available on Vita, but the PlayStation TV is not supported. Youtube works perfectly through the browser, actually better and more feature filled than it was in the Youtube app.

It is great to see Twitch coming to Vita, and it looks like it is being done right. Meaning it is going to be developed by Twitch and not a goofy Sony developed app like Youtube, Google Maps, Facebook, and Twitter are/were. Maybe, now that PS Mobile is gone, Sony is going to start allowing these devs to release their mobile apps on PS Store proper. If we could get real apps from Google, Facebook, Twitter, ooVoo, etc., and they were supported as well as the android/ios versions are, then maybe Vita can catch a second breath. Then with a 4G Vita 200/3000 Sony can start to make their way into the mobile market, and revive handheld gaming!!

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
twintail said:

Netflix is available on Vita, but the PlayStation TV is not supported. Youtube works perfectly through the browser, actually better and more feature filled than it was in the Youtube app.

It is great to see Twitch coming to Vita, and it looks like it is being done right. Meaning it is going to be developed by Twitch and not a goofy Sony developed app like Youtube, Google Maps, Facebook, and Twitter are/were. Maybe, now that PS Mobile is gone, Sony is going to start allowing these devs to release their mobile apps on PS Store proper. If we could get real apps from Google, Facebook, Twitter, ooVoo, etc., and they were supported as well as the android/ios versions are, then maybe Vita can catch a second breath. Then with a 4G Vita 200/3000 Sony can start to make their way into the mobile market, and revive handheld gaming!!

those were Sony developed??? no wonder they sucked so hard, that explains so much. I was on the store and i was wondering that something was missing, now i know what it was LOL. shouldve grabbed that Tokyo Jungle game when i had the chance oh well.