By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Xenoblade X have the biggest hand-made world in an offline videogame yet?

SJReiter said:
Isn't XCX technically an online game though? It does have that online connectivity that allows you to do missions with other people...

Yep. I meant online/offline in the sense that it's something that's unlikely to go through sequential updates over a decade. So something like WOW is now a lot bigger than it originally was because of all that time.

Around the Network

Dunno. But I hear FF15 is bigger

bigtakilla said:

Not the biggest offline world, no (that goes to daggerfall) but seems to be the biggest this gen will have to offer so far (this is including FF XV).

Unless I'm mistaken, daggerfall was procedural. Hence my qualifying it with "hand-made" world.

the_dark_lewd said:
bigtakilla said:

Not the biggest offline world, no (that goes to daggerfall) but seems to be the biggest this gen will have to offer so far (this is including FF XV).

Unless I'm mistaken, daggerfall was procedural. Hence my qualifying it with "hand-made" world.

As I said already, Fuel.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

In km2 or km3 ?  I don't know big GTA V  is exactly, but I'm sure you can fly higher in Xeno. After all, it's a space opera, they might as well let you use spaceships.

Lets just say km squared. There's already that problem of measurement of whether you include the spaces between locations, like the ocean on Mira. When you add the extra dimension, that flaw just multiplies.

And I might be wrong but I think GTA5 was smaller than Skyrim.

HoloDust said:

I was looking for this image, looks like someone posted it already.

A picture speaks louder than words, but you can at least fly in Xenoblade X. The just have to...get rid of that annoying mech music.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

That's a pretty cool image. So by their reckoning, Fuel is the largest offline hand-crafted at about 70 miles each way.

Do we actually have a measurement for Mira? I'm guessing it falls short of that.

Edit:

So XCX's map is about 5,500 square miles? Hmmm...that's about the size of the state of Connecticut. When you say it like that, seems kinda small...

Someone has already showed a picture that includes Test Drive Unlimited, it was shown prior to the release of Test Drive Unlimited 2 which has Oahu from the first game and Ibiza.