By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I play my Wii U everyday, but I'm not interested in Super Mario Maker...

I feel kinda bad growing up with Mario and wishing I could make a game and now, finally they give it to me and I just don't want it. Like I'm betraying everything I was raised to believe.

I know it's not that dramatic but I still feel the way I feel. I'm glad the op made this thread to show there are others that feel like I feel. Maybe if I never played (and disliked making levels for) Little Big Planet, I'd be more excited. Oh well. IGN's #1 WiiU game and I don't even want it. :(

Around the Network

Well, its difficult to answer properly... I think that you don't like at all difficult games, and you want to play easier ones (Kirby: Triple Deluxe, for example, its an easy game).. Or you've had a bad period with that New Super Mario Bros.U and then you've left it. Or even, you've been playing two different games at the same time, and you preferred to play the other game instead of NSMB. U... (I remember in early 2014 that I was playing Pokémon SoulSilver and Ratchet & Clank at the same time :)).

Well, and talking about difficulty, I'm a little bit agree with you. The latest Nintendo 3DS game I've played was Super Mario 3D Land, but some levels were very difficult, I died more than 5 times in some levels and I've got bored of 3D Land when I was playing the special worlds. :/

But give it a try, don't give up. I guess that if you put it effort, you'll be able to enjoy the 2D Mario games in Wii U again. You can change that habit if you put effort.

Man, creating is way more fun than I thought it would be. also there is something like a social network for the shared stages, where you get notifications if someone played/liked/comented your course.
Even on days I dont play on my Wii U, i always turn SMM on to see the notifications.
There awesome stages, you can download and edit them too.
Of course some features are missing compared to the original games. But you dont feel that, with so many elements and possibilities.

d21lewis said:
I feel kinda bad growing up with Mario and wishing I could make a game and now, finally they give it to me and I just don't want it. Like I'm betraying everything I was raised to believe.

I know it's not that dramatic but I still feel the way I feel. I'm glad the op made this thread to show there are others that feel like I feel. Maybe if I never played (and disliked making levels for) Little Big Planet, I'd be more excited. Oh well. IGN's #1 WiiU game and I don't even want it. :(

Cheer up. And reflect on this:

There's already a million levels uploaded. If you only spent 30 seconds on each - you'd literally be playing this game all day, everyday and not run out of new things to try. If you think about it, Super Mario Maker very well could be considered the biggest game of the year. And that's before you use the level editor or clear any of the levels on disk.

Some improvements to show us a lot more of the better levels out there are probably in the works.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

If you haven't played it yet I'd recommend you find a way to try it out first. You just might enjoy some of the clever levels people have made.

There's countless fan made levels, a ton of Nintendo preloaded levels as well.

It's nice that you can set the difficulty from Easy, Normal to Expert on the Course World, which is based on % of people finishing the level I'm pretty sure.

There is a lot of content and at the rate people are uploading levels you will never run out of something to play. The 100 Mario challenge is also very fun as well, you'll get to play your 8-16 random levels which lets you unlike one of the Amiibo skins.

I didn't think I'd be interested in creating either, but the editor is very easy to use. Haven't made anything interesting yet but I'm hoping to make a few fun courses soon.

Overall you still might not be interested, but I would definitely recommend getting your hands on it first before completely deciding that :)

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, and Super Mario Maker have been making me use my Wii U almost everyday. Far more used than my X1 and PS4 combined.

Since Nintendo has yet to make a decent way to communicate with others online, it helps to join Facebook groups, fansites, message boards, and so forth for each of the games. Having people to talk to about the games really expands the replay value even further.

I feel similarly. I got it, I've played it, it seems fun enough, but it is really not my type of game. For me, it's hardly even a 'game' really. More of just a creation tool. It's cool to play a few levels now and then and I've spent some time making some interesting courses of my own, but by and large for me it's not something that I would say is anywhere near my favorite type of game. I wish I liked it more but that's just how it is.

Of course it doesn't look fun........ It IS fun!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's pure perfection when you unlock the skinny Mario mushroom

Goodnightmoon said:

"Doesn´t look fun"

I am a huge fan of 2D Mario but I pretty much agree, I have not played it yet but Ive been looking at levels and they all look so boring. I will stick to New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi U