By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How I think the wii will gain a better quality third party.

Firstly, casuals will have enough mini games to last them. They will buy a few a year ,but it won't be a quick buck for publishers to make a casual game on the wii. I see alot of casuals turning hardcore and want some more hardcore games on the wii also. These two things will force developers to start sending old ps3/360/pc multiplats on the wii since it's easier than making a large game. Then everybody will be satisfied for a while until they start to run out of multiplats to port. Then we will see more an more hardcore exclusives and wii being including with new multiplats. After all of this 3/4 of the wii games will be casual and another 1/4 of them will be hardcore. This is how it will stay for the generation. This all happens after the ps2 dies and developers actually have to make new games or find a different console to port from. We will also see less shovelware and more quality games , because people will actually work on the games instead of port out of everywhere. I could see the controls being taking advantage of , and alot of games that use 1:1 controls and people actually prefering the wii to other consoles , because of these controls. We will also see alot of games that were started after people started to realize the Wii's success. 

Now we will see an increase in 3rd party before this , but this is what will set the wii ahead of the 360 , and ps3 in terms of 3rd party.

This is all speculation and my opinion so don't flame me if you think it's bad. 

I also have a few questions for people who prefer the other consoles to the wii.

1 You have a wii , but prefer another console. If this happens would you play your wii more?Would you prefer it more than this other console?

2 You don't have a wii , but plan on getting one. Would this make you decide on getting one or not?

3 You don't have a wii, and don't plan on getting one. Would this make you reconsider.

If things happened this way the wii would be the leader in 1st party and 3rd party.  

Around the Network

Bump Does anybody have thoughts on my post?

Well i'm planning to get the wii, and it would be nice to have better 3rd party quality, but 1st party is reason enough to consider wii, also smash.

Unless high quality titles with unique Wii control (NMH and Z&W type) starts selling consistently better than Mini-games (Carnival or M&S).

I feel that Wii will continue to get third-party support, just not on AAA title front.

EDIT: I don't have a Wii, but probably will get one after MK release. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

Unless high quality titles with unique Wii control (NMH and Z&W type) starts selling consistently better than Mini-games (Carnival or M&S).

I feel that Wii will continue to get third-party support, just not on AAA title front.

EDIT: I don't have a Wii, but probably will get one after MK release.

Well that is what I mean in my post. The casuals are going to get tired of mini games some time. These casuals will turn either semi core or hardcore , and buy more hardcore targeted games. This will show that alot of wii owners would want these games. Instead of giving them new ones they just port old multiplats. Soon they would run out of multiplats that could be downgraded easily for the wii and actually make exclusives, and have multiplat 360,ps3 ,wii games. We will see a better quality 3rd party. It could only grow and grow from there. 

Around the Network

I don't know... people over 40 who have a Wii as their very first console, I don't think they will ever get sick of mini-games.. Frankly, if they do, it's most likely they will stop playing games, as oppose to get CoD4.

Now, it's possible that they loved M&S so much, they bought SMG because it has the same character, but third party titles don't have that in them (character recognition).

That's Wii for you, you win by casual gamers, you die by casual gamers.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
I don't know... people over 40 who have a Wii as their very first console, I don't think they will ever get sick of mini-games.. Frankly, if they do, it's most likely they will stop playing games, as oppose to get CoD4.

Now, it's possible that they loved M&S so much, they bought SMG because it has the same character, but third party titles don't have that in them (character recognition).

That's Wii for you, you win by casual gamers, you die by casual gamers.
I'm talking about the younger people. Most 40+ gamers just play it , because they bought it for their kids. Now these kids when they get older are going to want to play better games. There are also alot of people my age who are just casuals with a wii, but are starting to play more and more games with depth. Devs also can't port ps2 games when it dies. Making them either have to turn to other console the ps3/360 or just make exclusives for the wii. There also is casuals who are happy with the games they have and don't want to buy anymore. These people will ignore the minigames and It won't be a quick buck to make casual mini games. This will force devs to target the hardcore.I say the wii will still be dominated by casual games , but will also have a large percentage of hard core. We also have the games that are being produced after seeing how successful the wii was , but aren't finished. I see a big wave of games coming then it goes back to normal. So there will be times when the wii gets a barrage of hardcore games, but then it goes back to be dominated by casual. No matter what the 3rd party will get better , but I'm trying to determine how much better.

to gain support, I think, all they have to do is keep up this nintendomination. 3rd parties should start jumping on the Wii bandwagon.

I'm back...

I have a Wii and I am pretty happy with the current 1st and 3rd party stuff, though 3rd party could be better there are still more games that I want to play than I could ever get and complete them all.

I agree that the large install base can't be ignored forever and that, sooner or later, more third parties will devote more resources to the Wii.

I think WiiWare offer hardcore gamers variety.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I dont know - have mixed feelings about this, it's always a good sign when even through the barrage of mini games, cheap ps2 ports and shovelware this console continues to be the market leader. This kinda sets the statement of Nintendo can do perfectly fine on their own they dont need you and third parties will be won around eventually by the wii's dominance and cheaper dev costs.

I also see every RE4, REUC, M&S, Red Steel as a victory as it proves that these games can sell if done well and I hope that Wii Pro Evo, Monster Hunters, Fragile, Fatal Frame, FF CC, Okami all sell well so this trend maybe broken.

What does concern me though is at this present moment if you look at some of the 3rd party devs biggest successes on the Wii:

1 EA - My Sims
2. Take Two - Carnival Games
3. Konami - DDR Dance Revolution
4. Activision - GH3
5. Ubisoft - Raymans Ravin Rabbits series

where's the motivation to start making these mini games?