By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub Is Going To Look Even Better

God, now I'm thinking about 60fps too. LOL.

What if they just couldn't get it to run stable enough at 60fps and decided to lock it at 30fps, but now they've found a solution?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
How can you make the best-looking game ever look even better? I guess Evolution Studios will keep finding ways.

While its launch issues hurt it early on, DC is a very solid racing game, and I think one day it will also be looked back on as a milestone of visual quality. It is quite simply simply the best-looking game I've ever played.

As the time goes on developers find new ways to do things even better than before, so they will have more room to push the PS4 when they learn and it might lead to add things that were cut before to reach stable framerate.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

GribbleGrunger said:

What if they just couldn't get it to run stable enough at 60fps and decided to lock it at 30fps, but now they've found a solution?

They can add that option as optional but mostly DC is praised for its visuals so if that leads to worse graphics then they wont do it (or if they found the solution by learning some tricks just like ND did with TLOUR). I think they are going to add more weather and lighting improvements.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Shadow1980 said:
How can you make the best-looking game ever look even better? I guess Evolution Studios will keep finding ways.

While its launch issues hurt it early on, DC is a very solid racing game, and I think one day it will also be looked back on as a milestone of visual quality. It is quite simply simply the best-looking game I've ever played.

If you really mean it then I trust you. I really need to buy Driveclub soon

biglittlesps said:

They can add that option as optional but mostly DC is praised for its visuals so if that leads to worse graphics then they wont do it (or if they found the solution by learning some tricks just like ND did with TLOUR). I think they are going to add more weather and lighting improvements.

I bet those Compute units haven't come close to their full potential yet. If they've managed to push things like AI and physics onto those perhaps they've given themselves room for many improvements. I'm holding off believing 60fps just yet but that capitalised 'LOVE' can't be ignored.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Oh lawd! Our hopes are high now. Deliver it to us, Evolution! It's all I could ever want.

GribbleGrunger said:

Exactly. Maybe they could have taken out some of the crowd members, some of the roadside details, some trees, lowered the resolution a bit, but still looking very good and who knows, 60fps could be possible I guess. 

Just throwing my opinion out there is all, I could be totally wrong. :)

I'm hoping for better AA and fog. Having to drive through realistic fog would be sick.

RJ_Sizzle said:
60 frames?!

Look better, not play better.

If you have the same game code to work with for years I can imagine you can find a lot of ways to optimize it, especially with the SDK improving as well.

Would be interesting if they released a 60fps update one day.