By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 2016 lineup looking solid

Just few months ago majority of people thought that Wii U in 2016. will only have Zelda U, few months later it looks we will have solid lineup that is on pair with Wii U previous years.

-Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

-Starfox Zero

-Lost Reavers (Project Treasure)

-Pokken Tournament

-Shin Megami Tensei & Fire Emblem

-Pikmin 4 (this is not confirmed but it looks like a Wii U game)

-Zelda U

-Probably one or two more unannounced titles, smaller games, spinoffs, HD ports, or some other games that dont require big budget and long development time. 

I think this is pretty solid lineup.

Around the Network

If Pikmin 4 is really a WiiU game and none of those are delayed then yes, is looking solid.

We shall see how many of those stay within the 2016 time frame

Yuck. You mean 1H 2016 has a good lineup, certainly the best Nintendo has managed for the console thus far, if everything on your list bar Zelda U and Mario & Sonic sports title land in 1H 2016.

But entire year? Worse than 2014 and not much better than 2015 which was really only let down by a horrible holiday with only Xenoblade to truly look forward to. (Well, NoA put Fatal Frame V as digital-only, so screw them)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

That looks like crap...I'm sorry but 7 games, which includes Mario and Sonic, and a F2P game Project Treasure, and one game which isn't even confirmed for the Wii U.  I think Q1 on the PS4 blows that away, GR: R, Mirror's Edge, Deus Ex, Uncharted 4, Star Ocean, The Division, SF 4, Dark Souls 3 and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.  

Around the Network

Looks meh to me. Looking forward to star fox and Pokken tournament. Zelda Wii U is a question and likely a holiday title. edit: Forgot FE X ST

KingdomHeartsFan said:

That looks like crap...I'm sorry but 7 games, which includes Mario and Sonic, and a F2P game Project Treasure, and one game which isn't even confirmed for the Wii U.  I think Q1 on the PS4 blows that away, GR: R, Mirror's Edge, Deus Ex, Uncharted 4, Star Ocean, The Division, SF 4, Dark Souls 3 and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.  

1. Those are not all the games, Is only what we know by now ( 2 months ago people were expecting only 1 game)
2. Outside Uncharted 4, Zelda alone could better than all those games combined, and let´s not fall in the "he has a bigger cock so mine is useless" complex, people has already stated that 2016 could be the best year for a playstation system in terms of number of relevant games in a decade, so being less than that doesn´t make it worse.
3. We are not talking about Ps4 here, so get out.

Goodnightmoon said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

1. Those are not all the games, Is only what we know by now ( 2 months ago people were expecting only 1 game)
2. Zelda alone will be probably better than all those games combined

Lol what a joke, its funny that anyone can actually believe a statement like that.  I'm using the PS4's line-up to show how underwhelming the Wii U's is. 

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Goodnightmoon said:

2. Zelda alone will be probably better than all those games combined

Lol what a joke, its funny that anyone can actually believe a statement like that.  I'm using the PS4's line-up to show how underwhelming the Wii U's is. 

I edited my coment before your post. (And we´ll see if that is a joke or not)

You are using a exception to make a rule, Ps4 library next year is an exception, rarely you see a console with so many games announced for the next year so many months before the end of the current year, and you try to make a complex out of that,  if it doesn´t reach the same number of games, than is not worth while, WRONG.

Shin Megami Tensei & Fire Emblem, looks like a game worth getting.
Lost Reavers looks like it has potential as well.
Zelda U, is it 100% its releaseing in 2016 for the Wii U? Its not getting moved to the NX instead?
Im not completely sold on starfox, yet.

Honestly dont really care about Pikmen, Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Pokken.

I wouldnt call it a solid lineup... but its okay. Compaired to the PS4 lineup its a reeally weak lineup though.