By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Konami would sell the rights to Metal Gear, who'd you like to buy them

I haven't actually played MGS (yet), but trying to think of it objectively I think that Sony would be best off with it. Dunno about what studio, though.

edit: As for the why, I think games of its type and atmosphere are the ones that people at Sony might have a better understanding of than many others.  I don't say Microsoft due to not knowing as much about it, and because MGS is Japanese, which might cause some issues.  I could be wrong, though.

Around the Network

I'm a Nintendo fan that finds nothing interesting about mgs. Sony would be the best fit.

Sony for sure. Maybe rockstar could give us something good too.

Wright said:

Atlus.

no thanks!

Atlus have their own thing, they dont need to be made to make shooters.

It should in no way take resources/attention away from them makeing other great games.

JRPGfan said:

no thanks!

It should in no way take resources/attention away from them makeing other great games.

Who says they're going to make the next Metal Gear game a shooter?

Around the Network
Wright said:
JRPGfan said:

no thanks!

Metal gear solid fallout style? hmmm....

JRPGfan said:
Wright said:

Metal Gear Catherine style.

I would like to sell it to Compile Heart, Idea Factory, or some other studio that will always put cute girls in their games.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Wright said:
JRPGfan said:

Would rather see a new Catherine game instead... no reason to butcher Megal gear for that.

JRPGfan said:
Wright said:
JRPGfan said:

Would rather see a new Catherine game instead... no reason to butcher Megal gear for that.

I actually like the idea of developers twisting from their zone of comfort. I'd like to see a MGS being made by a mainly rpg developer, I'd like to see a jrpg game made by rockstar and a FPS made by Atlus. They could give this genres an entirely different perspective.