By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what happened to the stockpiling for SSBB?

When the Wii was down in the 40k range everyone was screaming stockpiling, so uh...what happened to that?

Don't say they're stockpiling for christmas.

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=20739&start=0#end

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Where is DMJ when you need him?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Next week

What's wrong with the current numbers?

And go look up sales for the first six months of 2006, see if you can find a pattern!

Around the Network

d-d-d-d-damage control!

there is nothing wrong with the current numbers actually, they're quite good, i just find it funny that when the wii was REALLY struggling (40k) people were saying they were stockpiling for SSBB, which obviously wasn't true.

@ Riot

Right here, but I am not going into this topic again.

Obviously the people who thought there would be stockpiling for SSBB (not me) were mistaken, seeing as how sales didn't go up at all this week (right?). It couldn't be that they put out a few more consoles this week and the rest is being eaten up by the express shipments for Xmas, the necessary shutdowns required to upgrade production capacity, and holding back for the next fiscal year as they've already met their goals for this fiscal year. But no, let's ignore all rational arguments and focus on the one piece of data that Nintendo didn't stockpile for a game release which they've obviously done for every other game release, thus Wii selling 500k units in the week SMG launched.

Sheesh.

they're not holding back, ioi said we should be looking at 200k-250k next week, so there goes that argument.

they went up a decent amount, but this is for a launch of a hugely popular game, people were saying 250k+ wii's sold this week.

and lol at christmas arguments, its march.

the big shipment before release of SSBB was 2 week ago when it sold over 200k

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815