By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So now that we know Nintendo Directs will continue, will they show Zelda in the next one or?

When will Nintendo show Zelda U?

Next Direct 16 18.60%

A Jan direct after holidays 14 16.28%

A big event (Like The Game Awards) 36 41.86%

When they are ready'o'clock 20 23.26%

Total:86

Basically what the title says.

We now know Nintendo Directs WILL continue (THANK YOUUUUU) but now the question is, especially since Iwata is not directing (pun intended) them, will they show Zelda U in the next one? Or wait for a big event like The Game Awards? Similar to last year?

I think they will open the next direct with Zelda U. The footage at The Game Awards 2014 was a world premiere of gameplay. I feel like it was just a one time thing that Nintendo will do. So I just personally have a gut feeling they will show the next direct with Zelda, especially since Iwata isn't there (RIP <3).

I think we will have a direct in October. Mid-ish. Before the release of Yoshi (US) and Fatal Frame. We will get news of Fatal Frame V becoming physical(US) due to Operation Rainfall and numerous amounts of fans calling Nintendo about it, which Nintendo started taking notes on btw. 

Either way, what do you guys think?

EDIT: I FORGOT that October 1st is also when the Smash Ballot ends. And I am pretty sure Sakurai has been on work with new characters months before now. So I think they will also show a new character soon. Mid october would be perfect for that.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

No idea, but I doubt it. Don't see how now would be a more opportune time to show it than E3. Not when 90% of the games they shafted Zelda there for aren't even out yet.

Also, no way FFV is getting a physical release. Nintendo is probably losing money even localizing it at all. The thing only sold like 70k in its best market. Consider yourself lucky you're getting the thing at all.

spemanig said:
Also, no way FFV is getting a physical release. Nintendo is probably losing money even localizing it at all. The thing only sold like 70k in its best market. Consider yourself lucky you're getting the thing at all.

It's gonna happen. Watch.

The amount of people calling Nintendo is crazy. It's to the point where the employees have been picking up the phone with "Are you calling to inquire about Fatal Frame V". They have also mentioned thousands of people calling and apparantly can not currently find Fatal Frame V in their system. Digital or physical. 

Something is happening with it and the only explanation is physical. Even if it's just going to be a limited physical edition. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

ot/ I'm listening to the "Link's Awakening" OST now /ot

I believe they'll show off something about Zelda U in the next Direct for shure

Around the Network

/cut doublepost D:

Paatar said:

The amount of people calling Nintendo is crazy. It's to the point where the employees have been picking up the phone with "Are you calling to inquire about Fatal Frame V". They have also mentioned thousands of people calling and apparantly can not currently find Fatal Frame V in their system. Digital or physical. 

Something is happening with it and the only explanation is physical. Even if it's just going to be a limited physical edition. 

I guarantee it's likely less than 100 people. Nobody care's about that game, dude. No one cared about it in Japan, and a tiny fraction of that cares about it in the west. And Nintendo isn't going to make a limited physical release of a super niche game just because 100 or so people complained about it. 70k. Best market. Only 70k. It'll be lucky to reach 100k because of western audiences. But Nintendo is going to go back on their print decision because a few angry fans called customer service too much? Rainfall had thousands of supporters. This game would struggle to get like 500 if it got a similar Change campaign.

spemanig said:
Paatar said:

I guarantee it's likely less than 100 people. Nobody care's about that game, dude. No one cared about it in Japan, and a tiny fraction of that cares about it in the west. And Nintendo isn't going to make a limited physical release of a super niche game just because 100 or so people complained about it. 70k. Best market. Only 70k. It'll be lucky to reach 100k because of western audiences. But Nintendo is going to go back on their print decision because a few angry fans called customer service too much? Rainfall had thousands of supporters. This game would struggle to get like 500 if it got a similar Change campaign.

Well they made a limited phisical release here in Europe and it also looks pretty dope, so I don't see what's the problem in releasing it in the US too. still my concern about the game is that they should have translated it, it's only in Japanese/English /ot

With the backlash of E3 they could realize fans want to see again Zelda and make a trailer for the next Direct !

In a perfect world, it could be.

I think it will (and hopefully it will)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]