By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Knowing the big titles coming next year, do you still think the NX will be coming out holiday 2016?

Will the NX launch 2016?

Yes 232 40.07%

No 286 49.40%

See Results 61 10.54%

Total:579
Pavolink said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Haha PS3 easily broke even or profited a little overal, and it will sell 90m+.  Vita made a profit as well even if won't reach even half of the PSP (Or 1/4th).

However the Wii U is possibly the worst selling (Real) console of all time to be released by a major player in the industry.   

Anyways I don't get why you keep bringing up other consoles while we are talking about the Wii U.... *Looks at Samus name and picture** Oh I get it, yeah no bias on your side /s

Not easy, and the console was not released to "broke even". It was the successor of the PS2. PS3 is a big fat failure for Sony that took a lot of time and investment to make it look a little better.

Wii U is the worst selling homeconsole ever and a real failure that made (alongside the 3DS) Nintendo operate in red numbers.

That's why they need NX as soon as possible.

LOL you get it!  Never said the PS3 broke even quickly.  But it did eventually, which is more than the 360 can say.   And the Wii U did FAR worse.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
Pavolink said:

Not easy, and the console was not released to "broke even". It was the successor of the PS2. PS3 is a big fat failure for Sony that took a lot of time and investment to make it look a little better.

Wii U is the worst selling homeconsole ever and a real failure that made (alongside the 3DS) Nintendo operate in red numbers.

LOL you get it!  Never said the PS3 broke even quickly.  But it did eventually, which is more than the 360 can say.   And the Wii U did FAR worse.

Give us a source then. They were posting gigantic lossses year after year until at least 2012. Even the PS4 profits aren't a big deal, most profits come from other sectors (i.e. PS isn't as important to Sony as some like to think).

Xbox360 actually made money. We have sources of that. ;)

There is a difference between 2016 and Holiday 2016.

Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Haha PS3 easily broke even or profited a little overal, and it will sell 90m+.  Vita made a profit as well even if won't reach even half of the PSP (Or 1/4th).

However the Wii U is possibly the worst selling (Real) console of all time to be released by a major player in the industry.   

Anyways I don't get why you keep bringing up other consoles while we are talking about the Wii U.... *Looks at Samus name and picture** Oh I get it, yeah no bias on your side /s

PS3 won't profit at all lol... It can sell as much as it wants, it's a big fat fail. And so is the Vita.

You call the Wii U the worst selling real console yet hail the Vita even though it barely sold more? It has like  4 one million sellers lol, that's bad.

I bring up other consoles because that's what you were debating. Try and keep up will ya.

Remember one thing. The main reason for the ridiculous losses PS3 generated was the BluRay player. Still, PS3 allowed Sony to defeat HD DVD and now BR is the last standard physical format. Hence everything Sony has earned due to BR has to be added to the PS3 equation and that has to be quite a lot of monies. PS3 is not a big fat fail, neither is Vita. You're just not looking at the whole picture.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Pavolink said:

Give us a source then. They were posting gigantic lossses year after year until at least 2012. Even the PS4 profits aren't a big deal, most profits come from other sectors (i.e. PS isn't as important to Sony as some like to think).

I believe they broke even in like 2012 or 2013.   You can do your own research.  Git Gud I am not doing your job for you.  You clearly have missed A LOT over the years.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Pavolink said:

I believe they broke even in like 2012 or 2013.   You can do your own research.  Git Gud I am not doing your job for you.  You clearly have missed A LOT over the years.

Lmao, hell no. They lost billions in 2012 alone.

I see you can't find any source about the PS3 being profitable overall, lol.

Scisca said:
Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:

PS3 won't profit at all lol... It can sell as much as it wants, it's a big fat fail. And so is the Vita.

You call the Wii U the worst selling real console yet hail the Vita even though it barely sold more? It has like  4 one million sellers lol, that's bad.

I bring up other consoles because that's what you were debating. Try and keep up will ya.

Remember one thing. The main reason for the ridiculous losses PS3 generated was the BluRay player. Still, PS3 allowed Sony to defeat HD DVD and now BR is the last standard physical format. Hence everything Sony has earned due to BR has to be added to the PS3 equation and that has to be quite a lot of monies. PS3 is not a big fat fail, neither is Vita. You're just not looking at the whole picture.

They are big fat fails. If we look at the bigger picture the situation is far worse for Sony during last and even this generation.

Sony will probably not release another HH after the Vita, how is that not a fail?

The Vita is a failure but the PS3 ... not really. If you sell 90 million of any hardware in this business, that means it was widely accepted by a huge user base. That's the 4th highest selling console in history. 

The fault for hardware losses lies solely on the upper management of Sony forcing Blu-Ray into the machine in order to win the video format war.

But Sony's bottom line performance in every console gen ... all they do it sell a lot of consoles. I mean when 90+ million is your freaking "down generation" that's saying a lot.

For sales they are the most consistent console seller by a country mile. No one else has consistently sold consoles like them ... Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft are all over the place generation to generation. 

Eddie_Raja said:
Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:

How can something be a flop and yet very popular?  Did I hit a nerve?

The Wii  U won't pass the Vita.  Deal.  With.  It. 

That should make you want Ninty to launch a new platform ASAP.

PS3 sold over 80 million and cost Sony billions. It's a flop.

At least the Wii U has games that sold respectable numbers. Vita doesn't.

Sega had real consoles and was major player in industry, so you cant say "Wii U is possibly the worst selling (Real) console of all time to be released by a major player in the industry. ".

Soundwave said:

The Vita is a failure but the PS3 ... not really. If you sell 90 million of any hardware in this business, that means it was widely accepted by a huge user base. That's the 4th highest selling console in history. 

The fault for hardware losses lies solely on the upper management of Sony forcing Blu-Ray into the machine in order to win the video format war.

But Sony's bottom line performance in every console gen ... all they do it sell a lot of consoles. I mean when 90+ million is your freaking "down generation" that's saying a lot.

For sales they are the most consistent console seller by a country mile. No one else has consistently sold consoles like them ... Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft are all over the place generation to generation. 

if you lose money you failed, especially when you sold that many.

Making money is the sole reason these guys are in business.