By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It is Destiny 2.0 Time!!! The Hype Is Real!!! Bungie Delivered!!!

ethomaz said:
From GAF.

Robdraggoo "More folks at gamestop tonight then thier was for mgs5. The hype is real!"

Even though Destiny has a bad reputation (and rightfully deserved) online, it's still very popular with the masses.

Around the Network
Wagram said:

Even though Destiny has a bad reputation (and rightfully deserved) online, it's still very popular with the masses.

People minds were focused in the released build yet...

This model (like MMO) get updates that changes the game regulary.

I guess the new reviews will made more people jump in... the work in progress from the big sites says only good things about The Taken King.

In my opinion the story is old Halo level now.

Destiny who?

ethomaz said:

In my opinion the story is old Halo level now.

Ah classic Destiny fan.  Comparing something with no lore and no soul to Halo's storyline.  Why even compare. 

Sharpryno said:

Ah classic Destiny fan.  Comparing something with no lore and no soul to Halo's storyline.  Why even compare. 

Play TTK first... you will have a surpise.

Around the Network
REDZONE said:
Honestly this DlC is underwhelming as fuck.The story is about 6 missions long and playing the same old stages,unbelievable.Do not fall for the hype,this is not worth $40.

Sadly, this. I was debating picking it up just because I am looking for another shooter to hold me over until Fallout 4 and Halo. A friend was streaming online... new missions look like the same areas as before, same lame ass writing, joke of a story.

Which is a shame because the gunplay and movement still looked very good.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Sadly, this. I was debating picking it up just because I am looking for another shooter to hold me over until Fallout 4 and Halo. A friend was streaming online... new missions look like the same areas as before, same lame ass writing, joke of a story.

Which is a shame because the gunplay and movement still looked very good.

The missions happens in a complety new areas (new location too)... there is just two missions where the start is a old area but after that it is new.
I will avoid spoiler but the story telling is completelly different from Destiny vanilla... now it is how Halo 2/3 with dialogues, character development, epic cutscenes, etc.

BTW the begin remember Star Wars movies lol

Just to show to guys that didn't played The Taken King how the story is...

Workking in Progress Reviews

IGN "The story elements see the most important changes. Bungie clearly put a large emphasis on the overall arc told with the Taken King, which includes a cohesive narrative, gorgeous cutscenes, and a plot that will leave you wanting to continue the side quests to find answers the main campaign leaves lingering."

Polygon "Nathan Fillion has always been playing a version of himself as Cayde, who is stuck in the Tower but longs to get back in the field. The Taken King's story reveals a softer, more serious side to Cayde's roguish, ask-for-forgiveness-not-permission attitude. Eris and her existential dread serve as the perfect narrative foil for him, and the banter between the two — yes, you read that correctly: the banter! — is legitimately funny."

Gamestop "But as of now, I've only spent a minimal amount of time in a game that requires much more. The Taken King adds new factors to the Destiny equation, and removes just as many. The story, firefights, loot, and leveling all coalesce into something bigger than the sum of their parts, and something different than Destiny has been for the last year. The King's Fall raid releases three days after release, so I and my GameSpot team will be preparing for that. I also plan on working through quests with low level characters, to give me a better overall view of the quest system for anyone that might be playing Destiny for the first time. I'll be spending many of my waking hours with The Taken King over the next few days, and I'll have a more informed opinion on the other side."

DigitalSpy "Take the story, for example; missions are now bookended with more cutscenes and are better fleshed out with entertaining mid-mission radio chatter, thrusting its previously ambiguous cast into the spotlight. Tonally it's far better, too, feeling dark and grave when it needs to be but also more adventurous and fun, too."

BTW CBOAT is back at GAF and leaked a full summary of everything in Halo 5.

He is calling it the best shooter this year.

PS. I don't want to make a thread so at least I shared it.

foodfather said:
Sad that this game si still going strong. Sigh.

No, it isn't. 

"sad that people are still complaining about this game going strong."