By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Persona 5 REALLY Releasing 2015 In the West?

Will it make it?

Yes 45 40.54%

No 66 59.46%

Total:111
TheGoldenBoy said:
binary solo said:
What's the release date for Japan? It all comes down to the localisation, obviously. There's no reason to delay the game for the west if the game is releasing in Japan this year aside from not being able to get the localisation done in time, which might be because the game itself won't be finished in time for localisation to be completed until too late in the year.

I bet the game would sell well enough in the West with just English sub-titles, given the fanbase for this franchise would probably love that sort of thing. Which would be a much easier thing to do than a full localisation. Is the Japanese release going to have English subtitles?

@bolded: There isn't one yet, which is what makes the supposed 2015 Western release date questionable.

Oh wow! No Japan release date yet with only 3 1/2 months of the year to go is looking pretty dire for a 2015 western release date. The Japan release date MUST be being announced this week. I wonder if they'll blow people's minds with a worldwide release announcement. As I said, the only reason for a delay is localisation and if they put resources into localisation early enough it could be ready for global (or at least English version) release.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
binary solo said:
What's the release date for Japan? It all comes down to the localisation, obviously. There's no reason to delay the game for the west if the game is releasing in Japan this year aside from not being able to get the localisation done in time, which might be because the game itself won't be finished in time for localisation to be completed until too late in the year.

I bet the game would sell well enough in the West with just English sub-titles, given the fanbase for this franchise would probably love that sort of thing. Which would be a much easier thing to do than a full localisation. Is the Japanese release going to have English subtitles?

@bolded: There isn't one yet, which is what makes the supposed 2015 Western release date questionable.

Oh wow! No Japan release date yet with only 3 1/2 months of the year to go is looking pretty dire for a 2015 western release date. The Japan release date MUST be being announced this week. I wonder if they'll blow people's minds with a worldwide release announcement. As I said, the only reason for a delay is localisation and if they put resources into localisation early enough it could be ready for global (or at least English version) release.

A worldwide release announcement is exactly what I'm hoping for or else I don't think we'll be getting the game in 2015.

I'm starting to have my doubts honestly, but if it is still on track for 2015 then Atlus USA needs to hurry and tell us. We're already halfway through September and by this point I feel it's best to have the fall/year end schedule known across the board.

patronmacabre said:
binary solo said:

Strangely enough, contrary to what you would expect, I'm fairly certain most of the (at least English-speaking) fanbase would prefer the English dubs. One of Persona's strongest features is its voice cast (both Japanese and English), and the English dub of Persona 4 certainly helped to jumpstart both Troy Baker's and Laura Bailey's careers. 

As someone who's generally pretty neutral on the whole dub vs. sub debate (I prefer whichever one is better), I personally find the English voice cast in Persona 4 to be vastly superior to the Japanese voice cast. In Persona 3, they're about equal, though.

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm. You clearly like it, but then list two of the most retread voice actor as they appear in dozens of games every year.

For P4, the English dub isn't bad, but not every character is done well. There's a reason why Chie was recast each time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm. You clearly like it, but then list two of the most retread voice actor as they appear in dozens of games every year.

For P4, the English dub isn't bad, but not every character is done well. There's a reason why Chie was recast each time.

What I meant to imply was that neither actor had major roles when Persona 4 was released and now they're everywhere. While you can argued that they're both heavily overused (it's no fault of them, voice acting is a tiny community), they're both highly talented at their profession.

And I liked the original voice of Chie. But I'm pretty sure I'm alone on that. I admit she did sound a bit like a fourty-year-old.

Around the Network

Its coming this year, trust me I am a man of faith

Angelv577 said:

He has spoken.

Chevinator123 said:
Angelv577 said:

He has spoken.

Lol good one

Well, we'll know soon enough at TGS. It either gets a release date there or gets delayed.

A lack of footage signifies a development problem not localisation, so I would worry about its Japanese release date just as much as its western one. However if this is the norm for the franchise (lack of promotion etc) then I guess people shouldn't worry.

It sounds like a worldwide release date was more or less planned which means localisation is occuring alongside development, something people simply aren't used to for these kinds of Japanese games. I presume this week we'll hear more about it from TGS