By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Andromeda: Bioware head of Design & Art says the game is the largest ME ever

Nem said:

If its anything like the jump from Dragon age 1 and 2 to Inquisition, then the game is gonna be huge. Wich, may be a good thing... I dont think it actually helped DA though as the story was shorter and the sadbox elements repetitive. I fear the same will happen with ME, but its a different kind of game. Perhaps it will be better.

If they go the Inquisition route I'll be really sad as I loved Mass Effect.  I didn't need it to be massive open world like Elder Scrolls.  It is fine going to a planet and moving forward to advance the story and other planets be hubs.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Stop talking about it and just release it plz.

Thx.

Haha on the contrary, they aren't talking about it at all

The occasional random tweet

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ps3-sales! said:
Justagamer said:
Yes, very hyped. Mass effect is my favorite series from last gen, and I can't wait for this one.

Basically took the words out of my mouth. 

I spent at least 200 hours with the original triology. First two games on the 360, then replayed everything on the Ps3. 

Can't. Flapping. Wait.

I'm with you. I spent atleast 200 hours as well, probably more. I played part 1 3x, 2 twice, and 3 twice. The ending didn't bother me, as I feel that the entire end sequence is the ending. I played part 3 as though the entire game was the ending. Great series for me. Hey, maybe when it comes out on ps4, as I'm sure there will be a multiplayer aspect, we can share gamer tags and play. Always happy to play with fans of similar games.

binary solo said:
Darc Requiem said:
I'm keeping an eye on Andromeda but I'm not hyped. ME3 left a bad taste in my mouth. The thing about that game that I looked forward to the least, the multiplayer, was what I ended up enjoying most.

I must say I really enjoyed the MP. But I still only played it enough to get to the necessary readiness rating to snag the platinum trophy. But I think horde mode might be a style of MP I could get into a bit more. So I hope if Andromeda has MP that they don't only have PvP modes of MP.

I am hyped for Andromeda, but I enjoyed the story of the original trilogy Mass Effect so much right until the final 10 minutes that I am going to find it very hard to imagine that this could be the best Mass Effect ever, at least until I read it from highly trusted fgamers on this and other forums. I certainly won't be trusting reviewers on this sort of claim. I had a progressivly sinking feeling with Mass Efect 3's ending that they could not possibly make it a satisfying ending because of how huge and overwhelming the threat had become, which is why the F-you all ending is canon for me. Which means of course that Andromeda is a non-canon sequel.

I would actually love to see a Mass Effect sequel set after the F-you all ending several thousand years in the future when the first several species in the next cycle discover the mass relays and the Citadel and start the whole galactic civilisation cycle again, thousands of years before the reapers are due to return so that this is not the main thread of the games. Perhaps some of the game is uncovering clues about the reapers and the cycle, but not the main thrust.

Honestly I wish the Mass Effect team could develop the game play and the Dragon Age Team could write the story. For all of it's flaws, the DA franchise has vastly superior writing. It's clear that the ME team didn't really have a narrative plan and made things up on the fly. The constantly shifting writing team made glaring mistakes and it annoyed the hell out of me. ME3 had great gameplay, but outside of Tuchanka and Rannoch the story was pretty weak. 

ME was a linear game,but after the pile of crap that were ME3 and DA:I I will pass.

Around the Network

The ending of Mass Effect III really killed the hype for this game :( It's sad because I really enjoyed it until the last 15 minutes or so, the ending was so poorly written I couldn't believe it. I'll probably pick this up later if it seems good to, I don't really know much about it yet.

Meh. We'll see how it good it is. I'm sure No Man's Sky will blow it out of the water.....oops I meant galaxy.

KiigelHeart said:
The ending of Mass Effect III really killed the hype for this game :( It's sad because I really enjoyed it until the last 15 minutes or so, the ending was so poorly written I couldn't believe it. I'll probably pick this up later if it seems good to, I don't really know much about it yet.

How can 15m be more important than 40 hours(on mass effect 3 alone)? I will never understand.

I am more worried about it going the way of DA:Inquisition of boredom, repetitiveness and grindyness with a pinch of mobile F2P game design. But the ending of Mass effect 3 doesnt worry me at all. This game takes place in a different galaxy, so ME3 probably wont even matter.

Nem said:
KiigelHeart said:

How can 15m be more important than 40 hours(on mass effect 3 alone)? I will never understand.

I am more worried about it going the way of DA:Inquisition of boredom, repetitiveness and grindyness with a pinch of mobile F2P game design. But the ending of Mass effect 3 doesnt worry me at all. This game takes place in a different galaxy, so ME3 probably wont even matter.

Speaking of, to expand on my idea of making a sequel based on the F-you all outcome to ME3, this could be a away for the ME and DA universes to converge. The DA series ends with finally bringing a permanent end to all blights, which then allows Thedas to start on a technological development path to eventually become a space-flight capable world. The reapers, at the time of the events of DA, have just finished reaping the ME1-3 cycle. Thedas is a world unique in the galaxy in having dealt with blights for many generations, and have a race (Dwarf) that do not forget, and they have a very unique elemental (lyrium enhanced) style of biotics.  Thedasians are uniquely placed to be able to combat the Reapers without having to strike a bargain with the star child. Thedas is basically evolution's answer to the Reapers....

Also, another concept worth exploring is pre-human civilisations on Earth. Perhaps the dinosaurs were't wiped out by an ateroid, perhaps dinosaurs actually became a proper civilisation and became part of a galactic community millions of years ago and were part of the first reaping. Perhaps all the mass extinction events in the Earth's past are reapings. Bascially when you reap a civilisation you need to biologically re-set a planet by causing a mass extinction to set evolution on a rapid development path again.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix