By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCEE PSN Schedule leaked - Home July, Resistance 2 trailer April?

I don't mind it, but I start to think that studios believe that the only way to make a female character is to make her very over the top.

Hence why Elena (and I guess Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2 as well) made me feel a little refreshed compared to something like Dead or Alive. 

Around the Network

@ Chrono.
I cannot disagree. I also agree with IllegalPaladins point that the girls don't need to be unreasonably proportioned in games for them to be hot. (Which is why Elena was a breath of fresh air.) :)

Dogs Rule said:
Since the other thread about this lost out to this one, I'll ask again:

"What is Ratchet Quest for booty (bottom of spreadsheet)?"

Neogaf poster "Basch" believes that it refers to Ratchet and Clank Future Downloadable content.In the Insomniac Games music video their were several combonations of fridge magnet letters on the fridge.

One of those combonations was QBLDC4.When these letters are dejumbled the initials can be  Quest for Booty downloadable Content.

IllegalPaladin said:

I don't mind it, but I start to think that studios believe that the only way to make a female character is to make her very over the top.

Hence why Elena (and I guess Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2 as well) made me feel a little refreshed compared to something like Dead or Alive.

I agree with this. And I also found Elena quite attractive.

A new Siren? :D

Around the Network

Wipeout HD in May? About time, been waiting for this for ages. It looks great.

makingmusic476 said:

Various Spanish websites have leaked what is supposedly the upcoming SCEE PSN release schedule.

Here are some of the more notable dates:

March 20:
MotorStorm 2 trailer

March 27:
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

April 15:
New Lair Pack (controls update?)
Resistance 2 trailer

April 17:
Warhawk - Operation Broken Mirror

May:
Wipeout HD
Echochrome

July:
Home

The ones left are the interesting ones for me, unfortunately I won't be able to get WipEout HD till June, but Operation Broken mirror should be good, and hopefully the Lair pack will improve the game

So, Sony recently announce staggering losses, so how are they going to keep Home in hte black? The cost for Blizzard to keep WoW up and running are pretty high, but when they are charging $14.99 a month, it balances out for a very nice profit. Now Sony is going to launch a persistent second life type setup, with no cost to the consumer...the math doesn't add up. This is going to create a whole new cost factor to consume any gains in costing they might achieve from PS3 production cost benefits. I think Sony is going to have to nickel and dime PS3 owners to breakeven. BTW, I can see a drop in software usage on the PS3 for those "living" in Home...only so much time in a day to be building you apartment and making your clothes..and watching movies with friends at the theater in Home...to have time to go on a snake mission...lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:

So, Sony recently announce staggering losses, so how are they going to keep Home in hte black? The cost for Blizzard to keep WoW up and running are pretty high, but when they are charging $14.99 a month, it balances out for a very nice profit. Now Sony is going to launch a persistent second life type setup, with no cost to the consumer...the math doesn't add up. This is going to create a whole new cost factor to consume any gains in costing they might achieve from PS3 production cost benefits. I think Sony is going to have to nickel and dime PS3 owners to breakeven. BTW, I can see a drop in software usage on the PS3 for those "living" in Home...only so much time in a day to be building you apartment and making your clothes..and watching movies with friends at the theater in Home...to have time to go on a snake mission...lol.

I find it kinda ironic to have a xbox owner to predict Sony will "nickle and dime" PS3 owners.

Also, thinking Home is the same as "WoW" shows no understanding of what Home is actually about.. but can I really blame you? You don't even own a PS3.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I know $3.31 bln in losses in 2007 and 2008 fiscal years are staggering for any company to absorb...especially one that has mad ethis console central to it's future.  360 is a fly on MS's portfolio, as compared to software, and there was a hoop-la over the $1 bln surcharge...btw, I don't own a PS3, but I know people who do, and I've checked it out enough...mostly to watch movies...lol!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder