By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Problems with Sony and Microsoft?

Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:

First of all, the NPD registered less than a week of the sales of Until Dan, seeing how it released on August 25th.

Second of all, its funny how you accept how Mario Maker is the Justin Bieber of videogames. It cost 100k to make the game, but hey! He got interviewed on Ellen! LOLOL

Just stop man LOL

Sony is being stupid for not advertising properly this beautiful, well received by reviewers, AAA game. But at the end of the day, im just a customer, i dont own Sony stocks.

Since you like to claim it's an AAA game I'll let you know that the bulk of the sales of AAA games are in the first week of its release.

If it's not being advertised well it's not an AAA game.

You have no idea what you're talking about, you think there aren't budget limits? Sony is going to spend all their marketing budget on Destiny, not only that they'll also spend it on Uncharted Collection, Black Ops 3 and Star Wars Battlefront, and these are just months away. They chose 3rd party games over Until Dawn.

Not like this doesn't happen, Sunset Overdive is a AAA game that got barely any advertisement because Microsoft chose Call of Duty & Halo MCC over Sunset Overdrive.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
AEGRO said:

*Cough* W101 *Cough*

*Cough* Bayo2 *Cough*

I need a cough syrup asap.

None of those are AAA games.

Ali_16x said:
Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:

First of all, the NPD registered less than a week of the sales of Until Dan, seeing how it released on August 25th.

Second of all, its funny how you accept how Mario Maker is the Justin Bieber of videogames. It cost 100k to make the game, but hey! He got interviewed on Ellen! LOLOL

Just stop man LOL

Sony is being stupid for not advertising properly this beautiful, well received by reviewers, AAA game. But at the end of the day, im just a customer, i dont own Sony stocks.

Since you like to claim it's an AAA game I'll let you know that the bulk of the sales of AAA games are in the first week of its release.

You have no idea what you're talking about, you think there aren't budget limits? Sony is going to spend all their marketing budget on Destiny, not only that they'll also spend it on Uncharted Collection, Black Ops 3 and Star Wars Battlefront, and these are just months away. They chose 3rd party games over Until Dawn.

Not like this doesn't happen, Sunset Overdive is a AAA game that got barely any advertisement because Microsoft chose Call of Duty & Halo MCC over Sunset Overdrive.

So you're saying they chose to market AAA games over Until Dawn? Gotcha!

Samus Aran said:
Ali_16x said:
Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:

Just stop man LOL

So you're saying they chose to market AAA games over Until Dawn? Gotcha!

No they chose games that will sell better over Until Dawn. Games that will sell more PS4s.

Ali_16x said:

No they chose games that will sell better over Until Dawn. Games that will sell PS4s.

Yes, AAA games.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Ali_16x said:

No they chose games that will sell better over Until Dawn. Games that will sell PS4s.

Yes, AAA games.

Just stop, if you're going to repeat stuff, obviously you don't have anything too add.

XanderXT said:
plip.plop said:
MS - Buying third party exclusivity

Sony - Buying third party exclusivity

Nintendo - Having next to zero third party support.

But what about Apple TV?

Apple TV - devaluing their own ecosystem with such a glut of F2P games, and clones of succesful ones. making it next to impossible for people to find anything worth playing. Too much shovelware.

I like how people still respond with problems with Nintendo. Give me some more.

plip.plop said:
XanderXT said:
plip.plop said:
MS - Buying third party exclusivity

Sony - Buying third party exclusivity

Nintendo - Having next to zero third party support.

But what about Apple TV?

Apple TV - devaluing their own ecosystem with such a glut of F2P games, and clones of succesful ones. making it next to impossible for people to find anything worth playing. Too much shovelware.

So what your saying is: Apple TV is what Steam will be.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
plip.plop said:

So what your saying is: Apple TV is what Steam will be.

Eventually, yes I think so. While it's always nice to have a large variety of games, what's the benefit if 80% are garbage? Making the search for quality games tedious for users can only hurt the content provider. Steam at least has a refund policy in place, which is nice, but can be easily abused. 

I think people put up witht the games on the Apple store because most are looking for 5-10 minute time wasters while waiting in line or at an appt, and are fine with F2P.