By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Problems with Sony and Microsoft?

Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:

Im not sensing any hate at all about what he said, its his opinion after all.

I had the NES, SNES, N64 and Wii. I didnt buy the GC, and i dont want to buy the Wii U, am i a hater? 

Opinions man.

He is famous around here for his love to Nintendo, if you know what I mean.

And there is a difference between not being interested on the WiiU and to think Nintendo is not good at anything, but the last time you played them was 20 years ago.

Agree 100%

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
For Until Dawn? Maybe $30. I might bite at $40 when it goes on a digital sale.

Genre aside, thats a AAA game bro. 

30$ for a AAA game is nuts.

Until Dawn is not AAA.

LOL

Sure, Mario Maker is.

Until Dawn sold less than 90K in North America in August. If this was an AAA game the studio will soon be bankrupt.

Super Mario Maker's marketing budget most likely dwarfs the entire budget of Until Dawn. And marketing is where the bulk of the costs come from nowadays.

Nintendo made deals with Ubisoft, Playtonic Games, Google and Facebook to promote their game. It also has numerous CGI commercials for TV.

Nem said:
Snoopy said:

Nintendo for lack of third party games and crappy online network.

Sony for average online network and no good appealing first party games.

And Microsoft xbox one for being too damn good and taking up my time.

I keep hearing this thing about average network for Sony, but i never noticed any difference between the Playstation and the Xbox. On PS3 the shop is slow to load, that is true. But does that really matter? XBlive was never much better than PSN that it deserved a fee. Imo anyways.

But, on topic, i too dislike paid online. I actually have never paid for online on either XB or PS.

this is one of a few things spread out to say xb1 is much better than ps4 and the network is one of them.  XB live might be better than ps4 but not as big as they make it out to be.  The shop is really slow on ps3 but much faster on ps4.  That said, neither of them deserved  to charge for online but that's another topic.

Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:
Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
For Until Dawn? Maybe $30. I might bite at $40 when it goes on a digital sale.

Genre aside, thats a AAA game bro. 

30$ for a AAA game is nuts.

Until Dawn is not AAA.

LOL

Sure, Mario Maker is.

Until Dawn sold less than 90K in North America in August. If this was an AAA game the studio will soon be bankrupt.

Super Mario Maker's marketing budget most likely dwarfs the entire budget of Until Dawn. And marketing is where the bulk of the costs come from nowadays.

Nintendo made deals with Ubisoft, Playtonic Games, Google and Facebook to promote their game. It also has numerous CGI commercials for TV.

First of all, the NPD registered less than a week of the sales of Until Dan, seeing how it released on August 25th.

Second of all, its funny how you accept how Mario Maker is the Justin Bieber of videogames. It cost 100k to make the game, but hey! He got interviewed on Ellen! LOLOL

Just stop man LOL

Sony is being stupid for not advertising properly this beautiful, well received by reviewers, AAA game. But at the end of the day, im just a customer, i dont own Sony stocks.

AEGRO said:

First of all, the NPD registered less than a week of the sales of Until Dan, seeing how it released on August 25th.

Second of all, its funny how you accept how Mario Maker is the Justin Bieber of videogames. It cost 100k to make the game, but hey! He got interviewed on Ellen! LOLOL

Just stop man LOL

Sony is being stupid for not advertising properly this beautiful, well received by reviewers, AAA game. But at the end of the day, im just a customer, i dont own Sony stocks.

Since you like to claim it's an AAA game I'll let you know that the bulk of the sales of AAA games are in the first week of its release.

If it's not being advertised well it's not an AAA game.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:

Just stop man LOL

Since you like to claim it's an AAA game I'll let you know that the bulk of the sales of AAA games are in the first week of its release.

Bolded: Thats just a stupid lie. Sony is known for this.

Underlined: AAA means the cost of the game, period. A game that cost to develop 100m without ads is as AAA as the game that cost 10m and spent 90m at advertisements. 

AEGRO said:
Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:

Just stop man LOL

Underlined: AAA means the cost of the game, period. A game that cost to develop 100m without ads is as AAA as the game that cost 10m and spent 90m at advertisements. 

And Until Dawn has nowhere near the budget of an AAA game. Nobody is going to spend loads of money on making a game and then spend almost nothing on advertising.

Snoopy said:
XanderXT said:

I always see people criticizing Nintendo for their business practices. What about Sony and Microsoft? What do you criticize about them?

Nintendo for lack of third party games and crappy online network.

Sony for average online network and no good appealing first party games.

And Microsoft Windows PC for being too damn good and taking up my time.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:
Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:

Just stop man LOL

And Until Dawn has nowhere near the budget of an AAA game. Nobody is going to spend loads of money on making a game and then spend almost nothing on advertising.

*Cough* W101 *Cough*

*Cough* Bayo2 *Cough*

I need a cough syrup asap.

XanderXT said:

I always see people criticizing Nintendo for their business practices. What about Sony and Microsoft? What do you criticize about them?

Edit: No criticizing others people's opinion.

Criticism is prevalent for all the manufacturers. It is very broad, so either your focusing on buisness practices (explained below), or only looking for Nintendo criticism:

With regard to PlayStation there aren't any business problems, thats why you arent seeing criticisms on Buisness practices.

Xbox is behind but fairly fine in the US, and floundering everywhere else.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank