By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U estimates up!

AlfredoTurkey said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
PS4 wins by about 20-30k

Try 7k lol. I think, minus huge launch periods like Uncharted, the days of PS4 lop sided wins are over.

not necessarily truth when you are dominating everywhere else.  WW total sales is still one sided win

Around the Network

darkenergy 

Also that the gap between the X1 and PS4 were closer than anyone thought with a 7,000 difference rather than 20,000 or 30,000.

Anyone? A good chunk of people thought that X1 would win.

Angelv577 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Try 7k lol. I think, minus huge launch periods like Uncharted, the days of PS4 lop sided wins are over.

not necessarily truth when you are dominating everywhere else.  WW total sales is still one sided win

This is an NPD thread, which is what I was talking about. Obviously, everthing is Sony's bitch WW.

Angelv577 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Except in the United Kingdom.

eva01beserk said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
JRPGfan said:
September and oktober should be the PS4 wins again... so next close month would be around november?

XBox One needs to hit it out the ball park, if it wants to catch up to the ps4 when realistically its only a few months of the year it has a chance to win. It needs to have a amasing november/december, if its to regain any ground.

October has Halo 5 so that one should be interesting.

I think october is the ps4's mnth yet again for one simple reason. Whaats better than halo 5 on october? Halo 5 on novenber with the likely insane x1 deals like the year before. Its almost garanteed that MS will do something big again to save face in front of the ps4 this year. So I think everyone is aware of this and will just wait the one etra month for that back friday sale. Halo the game will sell tons maybe, but people will wait for black friday to see many more consoles moving. Not waiting a month will just seem stupid.

I have to disagree with you there. The Halo 5 bundle on amazon was on the top 10 when it wasnt sold out compared to the uncharted bundle which comes out october and on amazon is around 62k. Halo will be big and the big Halo fans will pick it up in October.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
DonFerrari said:

What is monster about 3DS sales?

I'm wondering if he's being sarcastic

It's quite the possibility.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:
jlmurph2 said:

I'm wondering if he's being sarcastic

I mean the PS vita isnt even mentioned, compaired to that the 3DS sales are pretty monsterous.

Also at 54million units sold... thats by no means bad.

Well, so PSV is monstrou compared to Ouya? And 10M is more than any non-nintendo hh ever sold

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

celador said:

darkenergy 

Also that the gap between the X1 and PS4 were closer than anyone thought with a 7,000 difference rather than 20,000 or 30,000.

Anyone? A good chunk of people thought that X1 would win.

This. 

I was surprised in the NPD predictions thread how many people choose the X1 over the Ps4.

Amazon was right all along, like always.

This month will be Ps4 winning the NPD again according to Amazon at this point of the month.

The Ps4 is topping again the X1:

#11 - Ps4 Destiny Preorder

#35 - Ps4 TLOU Edition

#44 - X1 Forza 6 Preorder

#46 - X1 Gears Edition

#83 - Ps4 Standard

#88 - X1 Madden 16 Edition

#96 - Ps4 Batman AK Edition

P.D. The Wii U and the 3DS are not charted in the Amazon Top 100

jason1637 said:
eva01beserk said:

I think october is the ps4's mnth yet again for one simple reason. Whaats better than halo 5 on october? Halo 5 on novenber with the likely insane x1 deals like the year before. Its almost garanteed that MS will do something big again to save face in front of the ps4 this year. So I think everyone is aware of this and will just wait the one etra month for that back friday sale. Halo the game will sell tons maybe, but people will wait for black friday to see many more consoles moving. Not waiting a month will just seem stupid.

I have to disagree with you there. The Halo 5 bundle on amazon was on the top 10 when it wasnt sold out compared to the uncharted bundle which comes out october and on amazon is around 62k. Halo will be big and the big Halo fans will pick it up in October.

But the uncharted bundle is not the only bundle available for preeorder. There is one for almost every month and the darth vader bundle seems to be the most popular.

You are also on the asumption that manny outside of the hardcore xbox fanbase is waiting hard for this game, a segement that is that diehard fan, most likely already has an x1, or jumped by the time MCC hit retail. The same with forza, if you wanted an xbox for forza, you got either on launch, or last year.

Not saying it wont do good, but the image MS has put of the x1 basicly droping like half the price during black friday and into christmast is something the Halo 5 bundle has to fight, especially when is coming so late in october. Who knows, by then the holliday deals might start to arise. As I remember, the last holliday bundle got anounced on the last week of october as well. I think people will at least wait a few days to hear what MS has in offer.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
jason1637 said:

But the uncharted bundle is not the only bundle available for preeorder. There is one for almost every month and the darth vader bundle seems to be the most popular.

You are also on the asumption that manny outside of the hardcore xbox fanbase is waiting hard for this game, a segement that is that diehard fan, most likely already has an x1, or jumped by the time MCC hit retail. The same with forza, if you wanted an xbox for forza, you got either on launch, or last year.

Not saying it wont do good, but the image MS has put of the x1 basicly droping like half the price during black friday and into christmast is something the Halo 5 bundle has to fight, especially when is coming so late in october. Who knows, by then the holliday deals might start to arise. As I remember, the last holliday bundle got anounced on the last week of october as well. I think people will at least wait a few days to hear what MS has in offer.

I was talking about bundles launching in September. Also i would be willing to bet that the x1 would outsell the ps4 by at least 100k in the USA during October.