By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did Forza Motorsport take home the Racing Crown again?

Will Forza 6 make it to Windows PC?

YES! 62 27.56%

No. 99 44.00%

Possibly? 18 8.00%

Not for awhile.. 19 8.44%

No one cares. 27 12.00%

Total:225
Azzanation said:
Blood_Tears said:

GT6 reviewed and sold better than Forza 5..

Maybe so but lets look at it alittle closer. GT6 sold 2.5m+ on a console with over 85m USER Base, FM5 sold 2m+ on a console with 10m+ USER base. Also GT6 did review slightly better however FM5 still took home RGOTY awards over GT6 and GT6 had the luxary of using a already popular game and only adding to it while FM5 was built from the ground up. GT is a very good series and probably Sonys best and most successful however doesnt seem to be king of its genre anymore since FM3 onwards.

Well like you said, sales are irrelevant when discussing a games quality, so why are you even arguing that? Or is it only irrelevant when it doesn't suit your argument?

Forza 5 won IGN's RGOTY, GT6 won Gametrailer's RGOTY, NFS: Rivals won Gameinformers RGOTY etc. They all won RGOTY awards, so don't pretend like Forza 5 won any definitive RGOTY awards (hint: there doesn't exist a definitive RGOTY award).

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

It doesnt matter. Its ok to talk about what games set the bars high and as for Turn 10, they do it every year without showing signs of fatigue. I think its better to talk about a games qaulity then worthless Sales figures which i notice clutter up the forums these days.

Azzanation said:

Maybe so but lets look at it alittle closer. GT6 sold 2.5m+ on a console with over 85m USER Base, FM5 sold 2m+ on a console with 10m+ USER base. Also GT6 did review slightly better however FM5 still took home RGOTY awards over GT6 and GT6 had the luxary of using a already popular game and only adding to it while FM5 was built from the ground up. GT is a very good series and probably Sonys best and most successful however doesnt seem to be king of its genre anymore since FM3 onwards.

Heh.

Anyway, this mythical crown thing needs to go away.  It's the same thing every time a new Forza or GT title releases, as several web sites all put something about how "X has taken the Crown".  It's silly, especially when the games review in the same range.  

Now, if we are talking king in terms of sales, it's going to be Gran Turismo 7.

Everytime I see someone proclaiming Forza is the king of the genre, then someone else replying Gran Turismo is much better, then that third party dude saying Need for Speed piss on both, and then the fourth dude talking how the rain on Driveclub is miles better, while some unknown troll (probably an alt account) with a vocalid chibi avatar says some dumb things about Mario Kart, I...

I...

I miss Project Gotham Racing, a lot.

And Midtown Madness.

Those were the true kings of the genre.

No, Mario Kart games are much more fun and look better.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

"Did Forza Motorsport take home the Racing Crown again?"

When has it ever won a "crown" ? Unless the crown is for the best xbox exclusive racer...

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

Well its clear Turn 10 is ONE of the best Car developers in the buisness, but its amazing how they can release games almost every year and still offer some of the best qaulity a racing game can offer.

FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 - Recieved flack at launch due to content issues however in 2013, it still managed to come home with Racing Game of the Year (RGOTY) awards with IGN being one of the claimers.

FORZA HORIZON 2 - To this date holds the best reviewed Car racing game of next gen racers even nudging Project Cars on the score boards (FH2-86/PC-83) and is no daubt the best Car Racing game in 2014.

FORZA MOTORSPORT 6 - Reviews have been outstanding so far and has taken FM5 to a new level. Looks set to take home RGOTY in 2015. Sim Racers dream.

Its clear to say when it comes to Racing Games that Forza is in no means a push over and has been setting the bar high for Racing games since the beginning and raises it almost every year with its qaulity feets. Every year a Forza game sets the standards. Forza 7 will no daubt be ground breaking again.

Are you excited for Forza 6? And could FM6 make it to Windows PC?

First Forza Horizon is developed by Playground Games and not T10. So it's 2 developers.

Forza 5 was underwhelming. It was just an enhanced Forza 4. In fact Forza 4 was a better game.

Setting the standards? 

They only just managed to include day/night races. Wet weather which is only available on some tracks. The only standard it sets is having a large budget and a big team to deal with it.

Fei-Hung said:
What crown? For what reasons?

In terms of reviews, regardless what the difference has been in scores, I've always preferred GT, and for some it's always going to be Forza.

In terms of raw sales, GT has always sold better. GT6 although not selling like the others still outsold Forza 5.

In terms of what GT has done for the actual sport / profession, GT is still miles ahead on tournaments, helping manufacture and design actual cars, creating real professional drivers and winning real races.

It all comes down to what crown, who gives it and preference.

both are just casual if compared to PC racing sims...

Ashadian said:

First Forza Horizon is developed by Playground Games and not T10. So it's 2 developers.

Forza 5 was underwhelming. It was just an enhanced Forza 4. In fact Forza 4 was a better game.

Setting the standards? 

They only just managed to include day/night races. Wet weather which is only available on some tracks. The only standard it sets is having a large budget and a big team to deal with it.

Playground just develops the game. The engine, creation and direction are all done by T10.

Forza 5 was not underwhelming. It was an excellent game, with superior Forza physics engine, with more detailed cars than any other racer that released that year and beautiful.

Forza sets the standard with their attention to detail on car handling and sound.

Night races were on first Forza on the original Xbox.

Guess who hired a Forza sound engineer to get up to the game's set bar?

Must be hard to take home the racing crown with all the highly rated racing games this year that have come out

Wright said:

Everytime I see someone proclaiming Forza is the king of the genre, then someone else replying Gran Turismo is much better, then that third party dude saying Need for Speed piss on both, and then the fourth dude talking how the rain on Driveclub is miles better, while some unknown troll (probably an alt account) with a vocalid chibi avatar says some dumb things about Mario Kart, I...

I...

I miss Project Gotham Racing, a lot.

And Midtown Madness.

Those were the true kings of the genre.

Indeed! Though you spelt Metropolis Street Racer wrong ;)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.