By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Americans and Non-Americans, What is Your Opinion on the United States of America in General

There's plenty of countries I'd live in. Having visited over 30 it's quite clear life can be a wonderful adventure and experience in many, many countries.

Still, the U.S. will always feel like home. I very much like it here, despite how much we all seem to hate ourselves these days.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
There's plenty of countries I'd live in. Having visited over 30 it's quite clear life can be a wonderful adventure and experience in many, many countries.

Still, the U.S. will always feel like home. I very much like it here, despite how much we all seem to hate ourselves these days.

I don't know why there is so much self-hate in the U.S., really seems kind of odd and makes me wonder if other countries experience self-hate.

It's a fine, free country with a lot of freedom for the free people that live in the free land. (I think I forgot to mention it was free)

..but it's a nice place with a lot more everything than compared to here (Canada)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
It's a fine, free country with a lot of freedom for the free people that live in the free land. (I think I forgot to mention it was free)

..but it's a nice place with a lot more everything than compared to here (Canada)

You've got us beat in number of glaciers and large urban centers with low levels of violence, I'm not sure we have one of those.

Also, your inventive use of maple syrup never ceases to surprise me.

Poliwrathlord said:
POE said:
I think they are the most close minded people in the world.

What makes you say that?

Well, a lot of things, but i dont want to fight my good sir.

Around the Network
POE said:
Poliwrathlord said:

What makes you say that?

That's fine. I like you so yes, let's not fight.

America is cool to visit but I would never live there some of its culture is so stupid. Plus I know a lot of Americans who live in New Zealand and they all have the same opinion on Americans is that they are real ignorant to the rest of the world cause a lot of Americans never leave America so they think that their way of living is normal. Example is guns which I believe is the stupidest law in the constitution when I went to America and told Americans that in new zealand cops don't even carry guns when they are on patrol unless it's something real real major they couldn't get their heads round it. Sad really, still nice place to visit though

Poliwrathlord said:
POE said:

That's fine. I like you so yes, let's not fight.

And one thing, absolutism does not exist, so when im saying that, im not refering to the entire population.

I love it here. Born on the east coast in New York and moved to the Midwest. Quality of life is what you make for yourself. If you have a work ethic then opportunity opens up but if you're lazy and would rather waste time than do anything productive you'll always live on the edge of collapse. As for the government I think we have people who spend their early years just trying to get into any kind of elected position and then rather than developing skills and advancing their understanding of life in general they end up spending their entire career in government living in a bubble falling prey to their own ego. Not to mention the US government has the same attention span of a 5 year old with chronic ADHD. One minute we're invading a country and the next we up and leave while it's in the need of us more than ever. We elect on party who sees injustice and goes balls crazy trying to stomp it out and we elect another party when the nation is tired of war and we sit by while entire ethnic groups are raped and murdered because we left a vacuum when we left.

Frankly I do love our nation which spends more than anyone out of the pockets of our citizens to help people thousands of miles away and honestly expect nothing in return. As much as it bugs me we have our hands in cookie jars around the world I still feel pride knowing we cloth and feed more than anyone period. We have plenty of problems and often, like now, have a President who cares more about politics and his own legacy than doing anything meaningful but in the end there is no where else I'd rather be.

Ehh.

It's hard for myself (and about 90% of Americans) to truly complain about any of America's problems when so many in the world are suffering from religious persecution, starvation, unstable weather climates, ect.

I could rant all day about my problems living in America but when you put them into perspective; it seems very selfish.

That said; the things I do dislike living here include a focus on social media, over-sensitivity, lack of focus on physical education, lack of education in general, and healthy/organic food being significantly overpriced when compared to junk/processed food.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros