By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AlphaOmegaSin on: NINTENDO NX and What it needs in order to succed!

zorg1000 said:
danielrdp said:

This. It would also help if Nintendo decides to change their approanch and releases more mature games like a gritty Metroid Prime or a new Eternal Darkness. Remember when N64 were the console to play shooters. Nintendo can appeal to those player as well as nintendo fan base.

Idk, in theory that sounds great but we already saw such a plan with GameCube and that didn't work too well. It was powerful, affordable, had  a standard controller, strong western support (EA/Ubisoft/Activison/Warner Bros/Midway/Acclaim/Atari/Eidos), Resident Evil exclusivity, return or Japanese devs that primarily ignored N64 (Namco/Square-Enix/Capcom/Konami), along with the introduction of games u just referenced like Metorid Prime & Eternal Darkness.

GameCube is the closest thing to what u describe that we have seen and it did rather poor even with being $99 for the majority of its life. To me, that's a pretty good indication that Nintendo should not strive to be like the others and instead needs to offer new things to differentiate from the competition like NES/Wii.

Both sides arguably haven't worked right, for them.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

I've read the comments and many seem to be hoping for strong 3rd party support. I really hope they are not expecting anything from Western publishers, because that's not happening in this lifetime. Heck, even in the NES/SNES days the support came from Japanese publishers like Konami and Capcom.

Wanna bet NX won't have strong 3rd party games from western studios are its first year on the market.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 12 November 2019

danielrdp said:
zorg1000 said:

Idk, in theory that sounds great but we already saw such a plan with GameCube and that didn't work too well. It was powerful, affordable, had  a standard controller, strong western support (EA/Ubisoft/Activison/Warner Bros/Midway/Acclaim/Atari/Eidos), Resident Evil exclusivity, return or Japanese devs that primarily ignored N64 (Namco/Square-Enix/Capcom/Konami), along with the introduction of games u just referenced like Metorid Prime & Eternal Darkness.

GameCube is the closest thing to what u describe that we have seen and it did rather poor even with being $99 for the majority of its life. To me, that's a pretty good indication that Nintendo should not strive to be like the others and instead needs to offer new things to differentiate from the competition like NES/Wii.

Nintendo was really luck with the Wii. I don't know if that can possible happen again. Gamecube biggest problem was the mini disc that Nintendo opted to use. Third parties had to try to fit the game in one or two discs, sometimes losing features in the process. Gamecube wasn't the perfect console either. Besides Microsoft introduced the Xbox live in 2002. Nintendo didn't have nothing similar to offer. We all know how important live is now. Nintendo shouldn't stop trying to compete with Sony and Microsft, because the gamecube's failure. 

No, they were not lucky with Wii

Luck: success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions

That in no way describes Wii. You can go back and listen to Iwata at E3 2005 during the Revolution reveal and he perfectly explained what would happen during the 7th generation. Nintendo didn't get lucky, they came up with a desirable product and had great execution and marketing, that's not luck.

GC had Madden, FIFA, NBA, NFL Street, Medal of Honor, Need for Speed, Burnout, Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Spyro, Crash, Spider-Man, X-Men, Prince of Persia, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Mortal Kombat, The Matrix, DragonBall Z, Turok, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Soul Calibur, Tales of, Pac-Man, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Crystal Chronicles, Twin Snakes, Sonic, etc. it got a ton of multiplat releases from Western devs along with a bunch of exclusive/timed exclusive titles from Japanese devs and it really got then nowhere. There really is nothing that suggests a Nintendo version of Playstation/Xbox will do anything significant for them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

archer9234 said:
zorg1000 said:
danielrdp said:

This. It would also help if Nintendo decides to change their approanch and releases more mature games like a gritty Metroid Prime or a new Eternal Darkness. Remember when N64 were the console to play shooters. Nintendo can appeal to those player as well as nintendo fan base.

Both sides arguably haven't worked right, for them.

Not really, are you suggesting that Wii U is on the same side as NES/Wii?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
danielrdp said:

As stated by someone else GameCube had the problem of the size of games, plus I don't really know how much advertised GameCube could have been...

OttoniBastos said:
Yeah i follow this guy on youtube.He may say a lot of Fucks everytime but he is honest and he doesn`t antagonize with the comunity like journalists do.

I've lost the count of the times I asked Alpha to add a "fuck" counter in his videos

Luke888 said:
zorg1000 said:

As stated by someone else GameCube had the problem of the size of games, plus I don't really know how much advertised GameCube could have been...

OttoniBastos said:
Yeah i follow this guy on youtube.He may say a lot of Fucks everytime but he is honest and he doesn`t antagonize with the comunity like journalists do.

I've lost the count of the times I asked Alpha to add a "fuck" counter in his videos

GameCube had very strong multiplat support from Western devs and strong exclusive support from Japanese devs so that kinda rules out the whole file size argument.

AlphaOmegaSin is a genuine moron. I doubt he's ever read a book.

Nx only needs to be competitive thats all to be successful

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Before E3 this year, a lot of people were saying 'I hope they make an Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and Metroid for Wii U.' Then when they announced Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and Metroid Prime: Federation Force, a lot of people reacted by saying 'well this is ridiculous! How DARE they treat me like this! This isn't what I asked for at all!'

No, it's not what you asked for. They've been working on these games for years. They didn't just knock out some games in a month, based on your E3 prediction wishlist.

Nintendo have revealed nothing at all about the NX and a lot of people are demanding, not only that it be a PS4 beating home console, but also that it be a very specific PS4 beating home console. How are you all going to feel when they announce a 3DS smart phone?