By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 Nintendo Games!

AlfredoTurkey said:
mZuzek said:

That doesn't automatically make it the best game they ever made, much less force people to have it as their favorite.

I didn't say best and neither does the thread title. It says "top" 5 Nintendo games. SMB should be at the "top" of any rational list whether a person likes the game or not. 

This is my top 5. I prefer SMW to SMB. It doesn't matter if it started it all, these are my top 5 favorites.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

Around the Network

1) Ocarina of Time
2) Mario Galaxy
3) Xenoblade Chronicles
4) Fire Emblem Awakening
5) Mario Sunshine

Miyamotoo said:
kolbykooz said:

I wanted to keep it as one game per franchise.

Well you needed to state like that in OP.

Watch the video lol

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening

After that, there's a bit of a gap, and quite a few other games that could take the #4 and #5 spots, including:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Pokemon Yellow
Super Mario 64
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Super Mario 3D Land
Pokemon Snap
Paper Mario
and more...

Disclaimer: When Xenoblade Chronicles X and Fire Emblem Fates come out, I'm pretty confident they'll both end up in my Top 5.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

StarOcean said:
kolbykooz said:

Why HG and SS?

In terms of size they're probably the biggest Pokemon games, incorperating aspects of the original Gold and Silver with a hint of Crystal added in. The main game is complete and has the most impressive post-game of any Pokemon game to date. The story is meh, but it makes up with the final battle against Red and the fact you can catch both Ho-Oh and Lugia, not being restricted to just one per game. Added touches like GB Player, walking with your Pokemon, and Safari Zone and Viridian Forest being remade among other added features make it the most complete Pokemon game to date and definitely a must own for any Pokemon fan out there. Absolutely amazing remake

That was never the case though. :p

Get back to exploring the original games you scrub!

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
StarOcean said:

In terms of size they're probably the biggest Pokemon games, incorperating aspects of the original Gold and Silver with a hint of Crystal added in. The main game is complete and has the most impressive post-game of any Pokemon game to date. The story is meh, but it makes up with the final battle against Red and the fact you can catch both Ho-Oh and Lugia, not being restricted to just one per game. Added touches like GB Player, walking with your Pokemon, and Safari Zone and Viridian Forest being remade among other added features make it the most complete Pokemon game to date and definitely a must own for any Pokemon fan out there. Absolutely amazing remake

Referring to OG G/S? XD

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Metroid Prime
Super Mario World
Zelda: OoT

StarOcean said:
Samus Aran said:
StarOcean said:

Referring to OG G/S? XD

Yeah, you could catch both in Silver & Gold.

Ufff hard decission. I can't pick just 5

• Xenoblade Chronicles
• Metroid Prime Trilogy / Super Metroid
• Sumper Mario Bros 3 / World / Galaxy
• Legend of Zelda OOT / WW / ALTTP
• Super Mario Kart / Double Dash / 8

Splatoon / Bayoneta 2 / Eternal Darkness / FZero GX / Luigis Mansion / Donkey Kong Country / Super Smash Bros....

Nintendo has too much great games and pick just 5 is insane

Samus Aran said:
StarOcean said:
Samus Aran said:

Referring to OG G/S? XD

Yeah, you could catch both in Silver & Gold.

I knew that I was just referring to R/S and up where you could only catch one of 2