By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Would Make You Buy an NX at Launch?

Hello everybody time for another NX thread.

Just a simple question. Personally for me it would be Pikmin 4 that would get me buy an NX at launch. But what about you?

Edit: I mean I'll only get an NX at launch if Pikmin 4 is exclusive to it. If it is cross-gen then I'll be getting the Wii U version.

Around the Network

None.

As long as it's more than what the Wii U had at launch.

Any first party game I would pick up in a heartbeat... as long as other current third-party games come along with it. Without that, I know that Nintendo hasn't got its PR together to constitute that the NX will be a brand new system that should be considered by third-parties as contrasted to the Wii U.

Pikmin 4.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Pikmin 4 and a new Metroid at launch.

None, hurts to say this but not even a metroid fusion sequel game would make me buy it at launch

Nothing on launch ever makes me want to get a console day one.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

As long as it's free, or it comes with a thousand dollars, I'd get it day one. No game will change my decision.

I know I will like the games at launch, I like almost all Nintendo games. The only problem is money, and I don't like going around wasting it (specialy when it's my parents money).

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Poliwrathlord said:

Hello everybody time for another NX thread.

Just a simple question. Personally for me it would be Pikmin 4 that would get me buy an NX at launch. But what about you?

A new, true, Paper Mario.  But the NX would also have to be:

1) $150-$200 depending on what I am buying

2) Have full media capabilities like Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Showtime

3) Have a full Salvo of games like SSB and such on the way

IMO you don't buy any console for one game.  You are buying a product that should justify its price in itself, and have FAR more than one game to buy it for.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]