By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts WEEK ENDING 5 September 2015

"PS4 takes a commanding 72% share over Xbox One which has 22%, while PS3 edges to a 3% share over Xbox 360 with just 2%."

insane... split.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
"PS4 takes a commanding 72% share over Xbox One which has 22%, while PS3 edges to a 3% share over Xbox 360 with just 2%."

insane... split.

Apparently resolution DOES matter. ^_^

I must admit that I expected MGS to be the best seller this year, so it's a bit disappointing to see it behind both Witcher and Batman.
Mad Max #2 as expected, but the chart position cannot really tell us if it did well, or poorly (barely ahead of last week's exclusives).
Great hold for Until Dawn, word of mouth should keep it selling for a while. (I just scored a free promo disc, should be arriving in the mail soon).

Looking forward to next week and Tearaway. I will consider it a success if it cracks Top 5.

walsufnir said:
No surprise a Sony console dominates the MGSV sales which you can also see that the close-to-dead PS3 in UK manages to sell 3% more than on 360 which is still hot in UK.

MGS sold 50% more on PS3 than on 360, not 3% more. 3 percentage points is 50% more than 2 percentage points.

Splatoon and MK8 still in top, wow. ) Other than that - usual ps4 domination.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
walsufnir said:
No surprise a Sony console dominates the MGSV sales which you can also see that the close-to-dead PS3 in UK manages to sell 3% more than on 360 which is still hot in UK.

MGS sold 50% more on PS3 than on 360, not 3% more. 3 percentage points is 50% more than 2 percentage points.

Yep, my fault. Even more strange and shows how MGS is associated with PS.

If PS4 has 72% of MG5 in the UK it'll probably have +80% worldwide

Game probably would be more profitable as a straight up PS4 exclusive. And finished faster. Not that it matters now with where Konami is going

walsufnir said:
Teeqoz said:

How is it strange?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
walsufnir said:

How is it strange?

Because the PS3 is close to dead in UK and the 360 is not.

Wow, nay bad, PS4 version.