By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider will not have multiplayer

The multiplayer from the reboot was fun but nothing special. I'm fine with ditching the multiplayer for this game.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DialgaMarine said:
This is excellent news. I will actually buy this now, when it comes to PS4. The reboot MP was so damn terrible, that going through the extremely tedious process of hitting lvl 60, and getting the MP trophies, actually ruined the entire game for me and I had to wait over a year before I could finally stomach coming back and getting the platinum. Honestly, I don't think I've ever played an MP from such a high budget game that was so bad.

Wow, you forced yourself to spend a significant amount of time with something you weren't enjoying just to get more trophies? I think you need to reanalyze why you play games.

In my opinion, if the competitive multiplayer thing didn't work out. Just make a co-op horde mode instead. People enjoy those even if they're mediocre.

Meh. It wasn't a hard task. I don't buy games often, so when I spend $60 on one, I'm gonna get the most out of it. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I'm actually more interested in this game now.

Does anyone really care?

Mystro-Sama said:
Does anyone really care?

I actually think it's a good sign for when I either get it on PC or PS4.  Never a fan of MP siphoning away from SP-centric games.

Around the Network

Tomb Raider had multiplayer?!

the reboot multiplayer sucked so i doubt anybody really cares. shame that instead of working on improving it they cut it all together though.

and why is this in the microsoft discussion?

Not every game needs multiplayer. Tomb Raider is one such game. Honestly this is good news to me because it means the focus will be on the core single player experience and nothing else.

Only a few months to go!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.