By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: NX Platform Details, Both Console & Handheld

If we stagger the planned launches to the max:
NX handheld -> Spring 2017
NX home console -> Spring 2018
And at the earliest, based on latest Digitimes news
NX handheld -> Fall 2016
NX home console -> Spring 2017

I think most likely timing is Fall 2016 for NX handheld, then Fall 2017 for home console

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
I call this fake, white, heterosexual and feminist.

Check your privilege

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I hope this rumor is true. I'd be happy as long as the Wii U isn't completely abandoned in 2017.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

I hope this rumor is true. I'd be happy as long as the Wii U isn't completely abandoned in 2017.

Soundwave said:
MoHasanie said:

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
fleischr said:
If we stagger the planned launches to the max:
NX handheld -> Spring 2017
NX home console -> Spring 2018
And at the earliest, based on latest Digitimes news
NX handheld -> Fall 2016
NX home console -> Spring 2017

I think most likely timing is Fall 2016 for NX handheld, then Fall 2017 for home console

What latest Digitimes news?

Last Digitimes news that I know is that Nintendo is aiming middle 2016. launch and 20m million devices in first year.

MoHasanie said:

Of course they will abandon Wii U in 2017, at end of 2017. Wii U will be 5 years on market and thats on pair with other Nintendo home console life cycle.

I liked it.

But honestly, BC sounds soooo awkward at this moment. They would get a better result from "remastering" smash 4, mario kart8, splatoon and SM3DW, among others.

Yea yea, i know BC is best for the consumer, but so far we have no data showing that the consumer actually cares about it, while many remasters are being a success and helping sales.

vkaraujo said:

I liked it.

But honestly, BC sounds soooo awkward at this moment. They would get a better result from "remastering" smash 4, mario kart8, splatoon and SM3DW, among others.

Yea yea, i know BC is best for the consumer, but so far we have no data showing that the consumer actually cares about it, while many remasters are being a success and helping sales

I'm not sure. I'd prefer BC.  Gamecube and N64 remasters would be great. Wii U games not so much. I mean it's not like there would be huge improvements to justify a remaster.   

danielrdp said:
vkaraujo said:

I liked it.

Yea yea, i know BC is best for the consumer, but so far we have no data showing that the consumer actually cares about it, while many remasters are being a success and helping sales

I'm not sure. I'd prefer BC.  Gamecube and N64 remasters would be great. Wii U games not so much. I mean it's not like there would be huge improvements to justify a remaster.   

I prefer BC too, but that's not the trends.

And if you think remastered games need real improvements to sell, you are not paying attention.