By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: NX Platform Details, Both Console & Handheld

vkaraujo said:

I liked it.

But honestly, BC sounds soooo awkward at this moment. They would get a better result from "remastering" smash 4, mario kart8, splatoon and SM3DW, among others.

Yea yea, i know BC is best for the consumer, but so far we have no data showing that the consumer actually cares about it, while many remasters are being a success and helping sales.

Dont expect that Nintendo will do remaster of games from previous gen, if NX will not have classic BC, they will simply port games and offer them thrugh VC.

Around the Network

This is totally fake (even if completely plausable and in-line with what we were expecting).

Nintendo doesnt leak anything. I don't see why they would start now. Especially with proof of how intolerant they are beeing showed recently. No one in their right mind would risk their jobs like this.

twintail said:
Miyamotoo said:
vkaraujo said:

I liked it.

But honestly, BC sounds soooo awkward at this moment. They would get a better result from "remastering" smash 4, mario kart8, splatoon and SM3DW, among others.

Yea yea, i know BC is best for the consumer, but so far we have no data showing that the consumer actually cares about it, while many remasters are being a success and helping sales.

Dont expect that Nintendo will do remaster of games from previous gen, if NX will not have classic BC, they will simply port games and offer them thrugh VC.

I think the chances of a remaster increases without classic BC tbqh

I think for Nintendo chances increases for simple ports not remasteres without classic BC.

Nintendo will not waste time to remaster games that they released just last 2 years, they will simply port them and make new games. But I can see remake some Wii games like Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP and SS, same like they done WW HD for Wii U.

For sake of handheld, I don't like the sound of 'more powerful than Vita.' I guess it will help for other additional functions, but I prefer handheld to be pretty weak until cheaper method of game development arrives.

Parity with Vita sounds bit weird though. That would actually help competition, who made this decision?

NNID AND CNID? That is very strange choice. There is no benefit to this move outside of having better security on personal profile on end user, but no one exactly hacks game console directly.

Revealing new console at spring? Is there any important event in spring 2016? If that is marketing move, it is definitely a weird one, especially it is very busy time for their target demographic, Early summer makes more sense.

540p? Why would they be using such weird resolution if they are looking for cross-platform?

There are some good decision, some weird decision, and some bad decisions. I can understand bad decisions, but I don't see why those weird decisions are there...

twintail said:
Miyamotoo said:
twintail said:
Miyamotoo said:
vkaraujo said:

I liked it.

I think the chances of a remaster increases without classic BC tbqh

I think for Nintendo chances increases for simple ports not remasteres without classic BC.

Nintendo will not waste time to remaster games that they released just last 2 years, they will simply port them and make new games. But I can see remake some Wii games like Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP and SS, same like they done WW HD for Wii U.

a remaster is just an enhanced port. Give games like Splatoon and MK a res bump, makes the textures a little nicer in Smash. Add all the DLC.

done. 

I know what remaster is, like I wrote, Nintendo will not waste time to remaster games that they released just last 2 years and that are looking very good and play great (they are all 60 fps), they will simply port them and make new games.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Miyamotoo said:

I know what remaster is, like I wrote, Nintendo will not waste time to remaster games that they released just last 2 years and that are looking very good and play great (they are all 60 fps), they will simply port them and make new games.

And you think Nintendo cant be bothered to put in the simplest of efforts of just bumping up the res for the games?

I cant see Nintendo being so shoddy when it comes to ports. But if that is the way you think they are going to be then be it I guess. 1:1 transfer of those games are going to do next to nothing for the NX.

Just bumping up res for the games is much more work, time and resources than simple port, and Nintendo Wii U games are already looking very good and play great (they are all already 60fps), so i don't see Nintendo doing it.

Nintendo didnt done one single Wii remaster on Wii U, and doing Wii remaster in 720p would be much bigger difference than doing some Wii U game in 1080p. Also one note, Smash Bros. 4 is already 1080p/60fps, all other games you mentioned are 720p/60fps.

Well NX BC for Wii U games or simple port of Wii U games on NX would sold more copies of those games, Wii U instal base is and will be very small, NX instal base will be bigger.

On the other hand, remaster of Wii games in 1080p from 480p would be huge difference and I can definitely see Mario Galaxy HD collection and Zelda TP and SS HD, but I cant see not single one remaster of Wii U game.

Teeqoz said:
Ummmmm..... How can the NX be backwards compatible with the Wii U if it doesn't have a disc drive? lol

Wait wut? An external optical drive? That would be so stupid lol. Thank god this reeks of bullshit.

...Ugh.

You do know you don't need disks to have backwards compatible. It's digital BC. That's what the NX will have, regardless of this fake.

Depends on the game.

For things like Splatoon and Mario Maker, I think Nintendo will just go straight to Splatoon 2 and Mario Maker 2.0. Though they could incorporate a lot/much of the content from the previous games.

For things like Xenoblade X, Star Fox Zero, Pikmin 3, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Wooly World, ... I think they may want to port some of these games to NX because they likely missed a lot of sales due to the Wii U's low user base and they're perfectly good games that probably a lot of people on the NX won't have played or may be interested in playing in a portable iteration for instance.

DKC really sold poorly on Wii U for example, that franchise should be selling 3-4x the amount it did and it's as good or better than any previous DKC game so quality certainly wasn't the issue either.

Soundwave said:
Depends on the game.

For things like Splatoon and Mario Maker, I think Nintendo will just go straight to Splatoon 2 and Mario Maker 2.0. Though they could incorporate a lot/much of the content from the previous games.

For things like Xenoblade X, Star Fox Zero, Pikmin 3, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Wooly World, ... I think they may want to port some of these games to NX because they likely missed a lot of sales due to the Wii U's low user base and they're perfectly good games that probably a lot of people on the NX won't have played or may be interested in playing in a portable iteration for instance.

DKC really sold poorly on Wii U for example, that franchise should be selling 3-4x the amount it did and it's as good or better than any previous DKC game so quality certainly wasn't the issue either.

They won't need to do any of that. All those games will be available on the eshop at launch.

I hope its better than this rumour

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS