By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: NX Platform Details, Both Console & Handheld

Illusion said:
Miyamotoo said:

• Wii U is still in the picture thanks to good software results for games like Splatoon, will still be the main home console in 2016
  • 3DS is a bit old, they're planning of replacing it. Some games will still come out on it, but big projects are being moved on portable NX

Thanks for the read, it's nice to see this "leaker's" personal predictions if nothing else.

The quoted part above does not make sense to me, though.  The Wii U has been the lead-weight that has been pulling Nintendo down all gen.  Splatoon did extremely well, but let's not forget that even Mario Kart couldn't save the Wii U and Splatoon is no Mario Kart. Splatoon also isn't fixing the Wii U's dismal console sales. Splatoon is definitely a sleeper hit and a huge find for Nintendo, but I just don't see that being enough to justify the Wii U's existence for another year.  If the Wii U is still Nintendo's main console in fall 2016, that will only be because Nintendo can't get the console NX ready in time for a 2016 launch.  Nintendo wants to bury the Wii U as soon as they can (once they have fufilled their release commitments to their fans, which will be mostly done this year).

The 3DS on the other hand has been Nintendo's cash-cow all generation and we're seeing A LOT of content coming to it in the coming months.  The device is getting old and it wouldn't surprise me if it gets replaced in 2016, but I'm not seeing evidence that Nintendo is abandoning the platform in anyway yet (heck, the 3DS is even getting the Metroid game that Wii U never got).  If anything, we're seeing a lot more Nintendo and 3rd Party support for the 3DS this year and into next year than we are seeing on the Wii U.  Nintendo is also pinning a lot of hopes on to Yokai Watch and so it will be interesting to see if that does anything unexpected for the 3DS.

In my opinion, contrary to the predictions above, Nintendo is moving the Wii U projects to the NX while continuing to support the 3DS into 2016.

3ds isn't getting a metroid game and there isn't any evidence of nintendo abandoning wii u either.

Around the Network

I'm going to assume this is fake because there's literally no reason for anyone to buy this console over the PS4 which has a much better library. The only people who would buy this are the hardcore Nintendo fans, i.e. the Wii U crowd. So the console would once again flop on Wii U levels.

max-power said:
Illusion said:

Thanks for the read, it's nice to see this "leaker's" personal predictions if nothing else.

The quoted part above does not make sense to me, though.  The Wii U has been the lead-weight that has been pulling Nintendo down all gen.  Splatoon did extremely well, but let's not forget that even Mario Kart couldn't save the Wii U and Splatoon is no Mario Kart. Splatoon also isn't fixing the Wii U's dismal console sales. Splatoon is definitely a sleeper hit and a huge find for Nintendo, but I just don't see that being enough to justify the Wii U's existence for another year.  If the Wii U is still Nintendo's main console in fall 2016, that will only be because Nintendo can't get the console NX ready in time for a 2016 launch.  Nintendo wants to bury the Wii U as soon as they can (once they have fufilled their release commitments to their fans, which will be mostly done this year).

The 3DS on the other hand has been Nintendo's cash-cow all generation and we're seeing A LOT of content coming to it in the coming months.  The device is getting old and it wouldn't surprise me if it gets replaced in 2016, but I'm not seeing evidence that Nintendo is abandoning the platform in anyway yet (heck, the 3DS is even getting the Metroid game that Wii U never got).  If anything, we're seeing a lot more Nintendo and 3rd Party support for the 3DS this year and into next year than we are seeing on the Wii U.  Nintendo is also pinning a lot of hopes on to Yokai Watch and so it will be interesting to see if that does anything unexpected for the 3DS.

In my opinion, contrary to the predictions above, Nintendo is moving the Wii U projects to the NX while continuing to support the 3DS into 2016.

3ds isn't getting a metroid game and there isn't any evidence of nintendo abandoning wii u either.

Is Federation Force not coming to 3DS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wx5now2XJo

I think Nintendo's lackluster E3 showing demonstrates that the Wii U is starting to be phased out.  The complete silence on Zelda U also tells me that they have made some major course corrections to the Wii U's future plans.  I could be wrong about 2016, but I think the Wii U will have #FE, Pokken Tournament and maybe a mulultiplat Zelda U also released on the NX... Definitely not a bad year by any means but I think it will be a quieter year than 2014 and 2015 have been for the Wii U.

Illusion said:
max-power said:

Is Federation Force not coming to 3DS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wx5now2XJo

I think Nintendo's lackluster E3 showing demonstrates that the Wii U is starting to be phased out.  The complete silence on Zelda U also tells me that they have made some major course corrections to the Wii U's future plans.  I could be wrong about 2016, but I think the Wii U will have #FE, Pokken Tournament and maybe a mulultiplat Zelda U also released on the NX... Definitely not a bad year by any means but I think it will be a quieter year than 2014 and 2015 have been for the Wii U.

"Is Federation Force not coming to 3DS?"

that's not metroid.

"I could be wrong about 2016, but I think the Wii U will have #FE, Pokken Tournament and maybe a mulultiplat Zelda U also released on the NX"

Yes, you are wrong.

Porting most Wii U games to NX would be a huge disservice to the people who bought a Wii U. The Wii U needs a legacy of titles that won't be ported in the near future. And an exclusive Zelda.
But Nintendo will likely reduce the Wii U to Virtual Boy status and sh*tting on everyone who bought one.

Around the Network
Magnus said:
Porting most Wii U games to NX would be a huge disservice to the people who bought a Wii U. The Wii U needs a legacy of titles that won't be ported in the near future. And an exclusive Zelda.
But Nintendo will likely reduce the Wii U to Virtual Boy status and sh*tting on everyone who bought one.

This really doesn't make any sense, did releasing updated ports of games like Grand Theft Auto V, Last of Us, God of War III, Uncharted Collection, Master Chief Collection, Gears of War, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row IV, Rayman Legends, Tomb Raider, Metro, etc in any way invalidate PS3 or 360 and their libraries?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

"rumours"

zorg1000 said:
Magnus said:

This really doesn't make any sense, did releasing updated ports of games like Grand Theft Auto V, Last of Us, God of War III, Uncharted Collection, Master Chief Collection, Gears of War, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row IV, Rayman Legends, Tomb Raider, Metro, etc in any way invalidate PS3 or 360 and their libraries?

Kinda... but PS3 and 360 had plenty of games that didn't get ported.

UltimateUnknown said:
I'm going to assume this is fake because there's literally no reason for anyone to buy this console over the PS4 which has a much better library. The only people who would buy this are the hardcore Nintendo fans, i.e. the Wii U crowd. So the console would once again flop on Wii U levels.

What kind of flamebait was that? if you're gonna troll, at least try harder.

Magnus said:

I dont see way, its same like you saying BC is a huge disservice for people who buyed previous console.

Offcourse I think about simple ports via eShop and only if NX will not have classic BC, but in other hand Wii U also have BC and and Nintendo still port Wii game on eShop too.