By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Tom Brady is clear, Suspension is lifted

RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

Makes little to no sense on a site where the rules of propriety are determined by someone else.  Though, as I said, I do enjoy the practice.

But it does make sense. People enjoy the truth, especially when it comes from people who try their best to keep it hidden.

If people enjoyed the truth, more would've read the documentation publicly available for this case, and given the sheer utter ignorance not just with forum users, but even NFL Owners (McNair), I find that difficult to believe.  People want to hear, what they want to hear, whether it's the truth or not.

Which appears to be substantiated by the American Psychological Association

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2009/07/like-minded.aspx

"The researchers found that people are about twice as likely to select information that supports their own point of view (67 percent) as to consider an opposing idea (33 percent). Certain individuals, those with close-minded personalities, are even more reluctant to expose themselves to differing perspectives, Albarracín said. They will opt for the information that corresponds to their views nearly 75 percent of the time."

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

If people enjoyed the truth, more would've read the documentation publicly available for this case, and given the sheer utter ignorance not just with forum users, but even NFL Owners (McNair), I find that difficult to believe.  People want to hear, what they want to hear, whether it's the truth or not.

Now you are talking about something else. The truth that I am talking about, for example, is an NFL fan who pretends to have analyzed this Brady case and picks various NFL statements to support his stance and presents all that as an objective point of view. But in reality it's just another hater in disguise. When such a person is lured out of their hiding and begins to say things that remove the doubts that he is a hater, that's what people enjoy. What a lot of people suspected all along gets confirmed as the truth.

You're right, I hate convicting on bad evidence, or no evidence.  Guilty as charged.  I guess I just saw way too many examples of thin cases, resulting in horrific acts of brutality throughout American history (Rosewood, comes to mind), for me to think it's a good idea to function in that way.

You should be skeptical of anyone who uses statements from the NFL in this regard.  The NFL is part of the case, is it not?  How can you assume they're telling the truth?  I mean, we already know someone from the league office leaked faulty information to the media on several occassions.  And we've got 2 irrefutable examples of Goodell openly lying in the process of the case.

The amount of time I spent looking at everything in this, was pretty substantial.  And I actually moved away from normal sources (Given I couldn't trust NE writers, or NFL writers to any level of certainty), and tried to find someone who could be considered as impartial as possible (Across the entire country, in fact), who was an admitted fan of another team, no less.

Here goes ESPN making up stories again. They are DEFINITELY in cahoots with the NFL, they are falsifying statements made by Mike Martz, he has come out himself and said they fudged his words. This is wonderful reporting, NE should sue and get ESPN shut down, this is getting ridiculous! Of course "witnesses" (no names, as usual, because they make shit up. Also, in this case, because of the wording, the "witnesses" were NFL owners and Head Coaches, and that was it) said the Patriots were cheating, every one of them has a conspiracy theory against the team (none proven) so of course they HAD to have cheated to win! God, I don't think I am ever going to read an ESPN story again, they are the Fox News of the sports world. False report after false report, contributing to the country's hate as well. Keep that fire burning, because the Patriots are probably going to crush your world this season.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Breaking News: ESPN also reports that the Patriots have been linked to the destruction of Hilary Clinton's email servers, breaking into Democratic Headquarters to obtain election strategy information in the 1970s, and assisting Adolf Hilter's rise to power in Germany.

MTZehvor said:
Breaking News: ESPN also reports that the Patriots have been linked to the destruction of Hilary Clinton's email servers, breaking into Democratic Headquarters to obtain election strategy information in the 1970s, and assisting Adolf Hilter's rise to power in Germany.

I heard about these, and the raging fire inside me tells me it must be true.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:

Belicheat and Hillary should do lunch with the 1919 Reds lol they're all thought of the same way now.  Liars and cheats

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
MTZehvor said:

Belicheat and Hillary should do lunch with the 1919 Reds lol they're all thought of the same way now.  Liars and cheats

*Correction* Thought of the same way by those that watch ESPN and are completely misinformed, not by those that do a little research and reading. An education goes a long way

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
MTZehvor said:

Why on Earth would people consider the 1919 Reds to be cheaters?

It don't matter.The Pats time is over finally and I hope we see them again in the play offs.Brady won't win another ring,believe that.

That ESPN article is almost depressing. So much fucking cheating and they essentially got a slap on the wrist.

It explains why the NFL went balls deep on Brady for this latest discretion, needing to make up for Spygate. It also could be said that maybe the NFL wanted the overturned ruling. NFL looks like they tried to put the hammer down, NFL still gets Brady playing and selling tickets.

I mean, if all this happened during Spygate and all they got was a fine and a draft pick, they're pretty much untouchable.