By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Tom Brady is clear, Suspension is lifted

RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

Ah, you're right, Stork missed the 3 games of the season, came back in Wk 4, for some reason I thought he was out the first 4 games.  Was wrong about that.  However, the offensive line was in shambles for the first few games that year (For whatever reason).  That's not really up for debate.   Loss of Logan Mankins' leadership on the line hurt them for a bit.  Not sure exactly what turned it around.  Looks like it was basically injuries up and down the line though.  For the first 3 games you had Marcus Cannon at LG (horrible), which left Solder on his own island (not good).  Mankins being their to anchor him was viewed as what kept the left side of the line together.  You also had Jordan Devey at RG, for 3 games, Cam Fleming at RG for the 4th, and Wendell didn't come back until the 5th.

So yeah, injuries played a significant role in the offensive line in the first 4 games of the season.  I may have been off by 1 game with Stork, but injuries altogether were the reason.

Beyond that, still not sure what your point is.  1 game, does not a season make.  Which should be pretty evident with how that year turned out.  Plus, the Patriots have always consistently gotten better as the year goes on. 

I don't know what my point is either. Do I need one?

Nah, pretty much says it all.

Around the Network

I don't want to backseat moderate here, but seriously, is it possible for a single discussion about this topic on the internet to exist without both parties consistently insulting/calling the other side jealous or cheater lovers?

mornelithe said:
RolStoppable said:

I don't know what my point is either. Do I need one?

You think that I am stupid. Admit it.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

You think that I am stupid. Admit it.

Eh?  No, I think you're very very good at being passively aggressive, and attempting to draw people into saying things they shouldn't.  Maybe that's conspiracy, maybe not.  But, this interaction here does kind of give that impression, as well as others.  Personally, I enjoy the practice.  Haven't always been very good at not rising to the bait.

mornelithe said:

Eh?  No, I think you're very very good at being passively aggressive, and attempting to draw people into saying things they shouldn't.  Maybe that's conspiracy, maybe not.  But, this interaction here does kind of give that impression, as well as others.  Personally, I enjoy the practice.  Haven't always been very good at not rising to the bait.

Close enough, but not quite. I am trying to draw people into saying things they should: The truth. Their real self.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

Close enough, but not quite. I am trying to draw people into saying things they should: The truth. Their real self.

Makes little to no sense on a site where the rules of propriety are determined by someone else.  Though, as I said, I do enjoy the practice.

mornelithe said:

Makes little to no sense on a site where the rules of propriety are determined by someone else.  Though, as I said, I do enjoy the practice.

But it does make sense. People enjoy the truth, especially when it comes from people who try their best to keep it hidden.

RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

But it does make sense. People enjoy the truth, especially when it comes from people who try their best to keep it hidden.

If people enjoyed the truth, more would've read the documentation publicly available for this case, and given the sheer utter ignorance not just with forum users, but even NFL Owners (McNair), I find that difficult to believe.  People want to hear, what they want to hear, whether it's the truth or not.

Which appears to be substantiated by the American Psychological Association

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2009/07/like-minded.aspx

"The researchers found that people are about twice as likely to select information that supports their own point of view (67 percent) as to consider an opposing idea (33 percent). Certain individuals, those with close-minded personalities, are even more reluctant to expose themselves to differing perspectives, Albarracín said. They will opt for the information that corresponds to their views nearly 75 percent of the time."

mornelithe said:

If people enjoyed the truth, more would've read the documentation publicly available for this case, and given the sheer utter ignorance not just with forum users, but even NFL Owners (McNair), I find that difficult to believe.  People want to hear, what they want to hear, whether it's the truth or not.

Now you are talking about something else. The truth that I am talking about, for example, is an NFL fan who pretends to have analyzed this Brady case and picks various NFL statements to support his stance and presents all that as an objective point of view. But in reality it's just another hater in disguise. When such a person is lured out of their hiding and begins to say things that remove the doubts that he is a hater, that's what people enjoy. What a lot of people suspected all along gets confirmed as the truth.

RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

Now you are talking about something else. The truth that I am talking about, for example, is an NFL fan who pretends to have analyzed this Brady case and picks various NFL statements to support his stance and presents all that as an objective point of view. But in reality it's just another hater in disguise. When such a person is lured out of their hiding and begins to say things that remove the doubts that he is a hater, that's what people enjoy. What a lot of people suspected all along gets confirmed as the truth.

You're right, I hate convicting on bad evidence, or no evidence.  Guilty as charged.  I guess I just saw way too many examples of thin cases, resulting in horrific acts of brutality throughout American history (Rosewood, comes to mind), for me to think it's a good idea to function in that way.

You should be skeptical of anyone who uses statements from the NFL in this regard.  The NFL is part of the case, is it not?  How can you assume they're telling the truth?  I mean, we already know someone from the league office leaked faulty information to the media on several occassions.  And we've got 2 irrefutable examples of Goodell openly lying in the process of the case.

The amount of time I spent looking at everything in this, was pretty substantial.  And I actually moved away from normal sources (Given I couldn't trust NE writers, or NFL writers to any level of certainty), and tried to find someone who could be considered as impartial as possible (Across the entire country, in fact), who was an admitted fan of another team, no less.