By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US September monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

BraLoD said:

This time they don't have a deal with AC, right?
Haven't seem anything about it, Halo bundle should be the main, but they really need a better bundle just with the system and the game for a 350 or less pricepoint.

Sony have the AC bundle this time around but Unity soured the air a little last year and as you've seen on this very site, many people actual assume this AC will be just as bad. I can't see that bundle getting much traction and feel it may need an extra incentive thrown in for good measure.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Well, it's the London AC a lot of people were always dreaming about.
I don't care about it unless it's finally a Samurai/Ninja AC in Japan or they have balls enough to give the game a number so it can be considered a main title in the series that they want everyone to know about.

Anyway, so we might be to see a PS4 AC bundle this time?

That's a good point. The only thing that makes me doubt is the fact we've seen on bad preview and several great reviews and yet people 'want' to believe the bad review. Then again, this is the internet and we don't in any way represent the majority of gamers out there in the real world.

The PS5 Exists. 

If these are just pre order bundles for fallout, tomb raider and just cause, these won't do much as those games don't come out for another 2 to 3 months.

Unless some will contain Forza 6 + rare replay + 3 months of XBL for $350-$400.

Or elite controller + gears remaster + mcc + 6 months of XBL for $450.

GribbleGrunger said:
binary solo said:
Man, I hope these 5 Xb one bundles are actually going to be live rather than pre-orders (at least some of them). Because the Forza 6 bundle is looking very lonely in the top 100 right now and if it's only going to be joined by bundles that are on pre-order it's not going to feel any less alone.

If they're different bundles MS are going to be left with a stack of bundles to get rid of like they did with the original Halo bundle and the Assassin's Creed bundle. Surely these new bundles are going to be existing bundles with added value. If not MS are going to have give the damned things away or risk not refreshing the chain for a couple of months after Christmas. I think it's unlikely we'll get to see shipped numbers for a while after Christmas.

I expect there will only be one bunbdle with a specially designed outer box (Tomb Raider I suspect), the other bundles will just be plain Xbox + game (or two or three). That way they won't have a lot of unsold special stock to carry forward into the new year, as they can simply change what they bundle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

I expect there will only be one bunbdle with a specially designed outer box (Tomb Raider I suspect), the other bundles will just be plain Xbox + game (or two or three). That way they won't have a lot of unsold special stock to carry forward into the new year, as they can simply change what they bundle.

Mmmm ... I'm not sure that would be the wise move. Why leave stock standing in stores while you sell other bundles and then return to the stock in order to sell those as bundles with added value when you could easily add that value straight away?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Looking really solid for Sony for September obviously, and not bad going into October. Microsoft has more bundles coming, but it first has to pass through the line of fire know as COD and Star Wars. Each bundle will do considerable damage. And of course Sony still has the trump card... they have a higher starting price. A $50 cut can increase demand just enough to hold back the Xbox One from make up any ground this year.

Fortunately for Microsoft, Sony knows that they can still win without going all out in the US. They announced price cuts across much of Asia.

binary solo said:

That would be pretty lame of Microsoft to make announcement for bundles and then offer plain jane console bundles.

FIRST IS RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER
This holiday, Xbox is offering unmatched value and choice for gamers with a diverse mix of bundles starting at $349. Every day this week, we’re adding new Xbox bundles to our holiday lineup, giving fans more ways to experience the greatest games lineup in Xbox history. Today, we’re pleased to announce the Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle – the ultimate Tomb Raider experience that’s perfect for Tomb Raider fans around the world as well as gamers new to the critically acclaimed survival-action series. The bundle features:

•1TB hard drive, so fans can play and store more games than ever
•Full-game download of the highly anticipated and Holiday 2015 Xbox exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider
•The exclusive Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack, which contains a new outfit and weapon skin for Lara
•Full-game download of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the HD remake of 2013’s critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider

Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautiful and hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition as she seeks to discover the secret of immortality. The Tactical Survivor Pack, available exclusively in the Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One bundle, equips Lara with a new outfit, upgraded abilities and spec-ops tactical gear taken from enemy forces.

The Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle will be available starting in November for $399 USD. Discover the Legend Within only on Xbox this holiday, exclusively available at Microsoft stores and Best Buy in the U.S. and participating retailers in all markets where Xbox One is sold except Canada, China and the UK.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Discover the Legend Within only on Xbox this holiday, exclusively available at Microsoft stores and Best Buy in the U.S. and participating retailers in all markets where Xbox One is sold except Canada, China and the UK.

Okay, so this won't show up on Amazon at least.

GribbleGrunger said:

FIRST IS RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER
This holiday, Xbox is offering unmatched value and choice for gamers with a diverse mix of bundles starting at $349. Every day this week, we’re adding new Xbox bundles to our holiday lineup, giving fans more ways to experience the greatest games lineup in Xbox history. Today, we’re pleased to announce the Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle – the ultimate Tomb Raider experience that’s perfect for Tomb Raider fans around the world as well as gamers new to the critically acclaimed survival-action series. The bundle features:

•1TB hard drive, so fans can play and store more games than ever
•Full-game download of the highly anticipated and Holiday 2015 Xbox exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider
•The exclusive Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack, which contains a new outfit and weapon skin for Lara
•Full-game download of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the HD remake of 2013’s critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider

Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautiful and hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition as she seeks to discover the secret of immortality. The Tactical Survivor Pack, available exclusively in the Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One bundle, equips Lara with a new outfit, upgraded abilities and spec-ops tactical gear taken from enemy forces.

The Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle will be available starting in November for $399 USD. Discover the Legend Within only on Xbox this holiday, exclusively available at Microsoft stores and Best Buy in the U.S. and participating retailers in all markets where Xbox One is sold except Canada, China and the UK.

The box looks hot and appealing.

The price? Not so much. I mean, its a vanilla X1 with a 1tb HDD.