By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm On Chapter 11 Of MGS5 ... When Does It Start Being Fun?

As I've said before, every game has its audience, and ultimately reviews are just guidelines. The collective reviewer opinion may be that this is the game of the generation, but long time fans especially I can see going either way with this title. It makes a ton of changes from the standard MGS formula that I know a lot of people won't appreciate, just as many people will.

Personally, I've only played about 30 minutes of an MGS game, and that was Peace Walker. Maybe MGSV would be fun, but I have no reason to pick it up.

A shame that you can't enjoy the experience, but at least you gave it a shot. If you bought it physically, I suggest tossing it on eBay before the price goes down. You should still be able to get almost all of your money back.

Around the Network

Yeah you should kind of read reviews and see WHY they got so high. Because if the reasons why it got high are reasons you don't like than don't buy the game. Don't just look at a number.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

This is why i wait to buy games. The people who are not bs reviewers. 3 of my friends are around chapter 9 and have the same complaints.

Tastes, man. Haven't played it yet, but I bet it will be as divisible as any other MGS. All games have their haters and, contrary to what the MGS fans believe, this series have never been as universally loved as the GTAs. Not saying that every GTA is loved by absolutely everyone, but they are closer than MGS. I don't know if I would even consider MGS mainstream.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Tastes, man. Haven't played it yet, but I bet it will be as divisible as any other MGS. All games have their haters and, contrary to what the MGS fans believe, this series have never been as universally loved as the GTAs. Not saying that every GTA is loved by absolutely everyone, but they are closer than MGS. I don't know if I would even consider MGS mainstream.

Well, only Zelda is more acclaimed than GTA. However, the scores go like this: MGS (94), MGS2 (96), MGS3 (91), MGS4 (94), MGS (95). I think that that is pretty universally loved. Also, both MGS and MGS2 reached the top 10 in their respective consoles.

Around the Network

When it starts being fun? Probably never. Better luck next time, man.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LuckyTrouble said:

As I've said before, every game has its audience, and ultimately reviews are just guidelines. The collective reviewer opinion may be that this is the game of the generation, but long time fans especially I can see going either way with this title. It makes a ton of changes from the standard MGS formula that I know a lot of people won't appreciate, just as many people will.

Personally, I've only played about 30 minutes of an MGS game, and that was Peace Walker. Maybe MGSV would be fun, but I have no reason to pick it up.

A shame that you can't enjoy the experience, but at least you gave it a shot. If you bought it physically, I suggest tossing it on eBay before the price goes down. You should still be able to get almost all of your money back.

Bah!  Bah, I say!

If one person loves Devil's Third then the opinions of all reviewers who hated it are nullified.  If one person hates MGS V then the opinions of all reviewers who loved it are wrong.  THIS IS SCIENCE.

Until this fact is verified as fact, we NEED a thread made about each and every game where someone disagrees with the the majority of the Reviewing Collective.  Expect my thread about BloodRayne soon.

Samus Aran said:
alternine said:
Gotta love sensationalist rebels lol

Gotta love metacritic slaves.

Who said anything about Metacritic?

VGPolyglot said:

Well, only Zelda is more acclaimed than GTA. However, the scores go like this: MGS (94), MGS2 (96), MGS3 (91), MGS4 (94), MGS (95). I think that that is pretty universally loved. Also, both MGS and MGS2 reached the top 10 in their respective consoles.

Universally loved =/= Universally acclaimed. I don't think the casuals think as highly of MGS as the core fans. Both casuals and core love GTA. Thats what I meant with universally loved.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

TheGoldenBoy said:
Samus Aran said:
alternine said:
Gotta love sensationalist rebels lol

Gotta love metacritic slaves.

Who said anything about Metacritic?

Nintendo, I think.  It was in their advertisments so I assume that's what he means.